• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

Rivercider

Rovers in 13th place certainly look like they might be joining the relegation race.
I would say there are a couple of relegation places up for grabs. Teams from 12th placed Lincoln downwards are in with a chance

cheers

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rovers in 13th place certainly look like they might be joining the relegation race.
I would say there are a couple of relegation places up for grabs. Teams from 12th placed Lincoln downwards are in with a chance

cheers
Cheers

Avening Posse

Rovers have got a big injury list apparently, so hopefully they take this into account and give him more time if things don't immediately improve

Rovers have got a big injury list apparently, so hopefully they take this into account and give him more time if things don't immediately improve
Yeah they have massively it’s not even his team. It took MT a while to build a couple of cracking attacking teams with us. They would be crazy not to give him time, I think he’s going to do well at Rovers if they give a chance.

Jam Doughnut

MT - Great manager for us.

But clearly struggling now, Rovers’ current form is desperately awful.

I'm not sure how much patience the Pirates have, Matt clearly deserves more time but I'm not sure he will have this luxury.

Matt’s clearly a decent guy but he maybe regretting leaving Exeter City at the first possible opportunity.
I doubt he regrets it , probably earnt 5x what he would have with us..Even if rovers sack him ,he will get a nice payout.💴💰

haka

MT's predecessor (you know, that guy) was sacked for football results, not his outside "activities". His record was mediocre but no worse than Rovers' form now.

Rotherham was a logical career move for Matt, not so sure about this one. I hope he finds a better fit next time.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just hope they get a decent result against Oxford on Saturday so some of the pressure is off Matt Taylor before we play them again.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT's predecessor (you know, that guy) was sacked for football results, not his outside "activities". His record was mediocre but no worse than Rovers' form now.

Rotherham was a logical career move for Matt, not so sure about this one. I hope he finds a better fit next time.
it's an often used cliche a better fit but I'm not really sure there is a club with any similarities to what Matt enjoyed here in Exeter is there?

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Just hope they get a decent result against Oxford on Saturday so some of the pressure is off Matt Taylor before we play them again.
I don’t. Matt was brilliant for us, but I have no loyalty to him now. I hope they get absolutely massacred on Saturday, and arrive at SJP with confidence slightly lower than rock bottom.

tavyred

It probably speaks to my horrible character that I really enjoyed MT’s uncomfortable post match interview after last night’s game.
You leave City as a manager and you can go feck yourself basically.
UTC.