• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - Broken Metatarsal

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ideal chance for Seaborne & Murraty to show they can make a career in league football.If they dont take their chance now that Taylor is out then maybe in the summer we need to look elsewhere for a centre back.Personally ,I dont think either will let us down.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Crikey.

That took some reading. And it was only last season as well.
Where has bigtrees gone for a start? And I love the Gulls c*cky comments about Buckle being the one with the drive etc oh how i larfed!

Yorkie

I think Seaborne has had plenty of chances, he is good BUT IMO not as good as Matt. When Matt was out he was missed badly, with Danny out we are still a winning side, Seaborne has lost his sparkle or believes he is better than he is, sorry to the Seaborne fans but Matt Taylor not playing is a huge loss, Danny wasnt/isnt.

Not worn fryer tuck costume for a while as it does
This could be good in a strange kind of way as if we do go on to secure promotion either automatically or via the playoffs with IMO our best player (Taylor) missing two large chunks of the season it would surely indicate that we were ready for league 1 as a whole squad. This of course without the illusive 20+ goal striker too. As already said, time for Seaborne, Murray etc to stand up and be counted, its a setback but we will cope. UTC

TimG

An interview with matt is now up on the main site confirming that he has broken his forth metatarsal but hopes that he will be back training within 4 weeks!

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~1597384,00.html

Bittners a Legend

Where has bigtrees gone for a start? And I love the Gulls c*cky comments about Buckle being the one with the drive etc oh how i larfed!
In defence of bigtrees...he admitted he was wrong about Tisdale and I think that deserves a lot of respect...he is definitely one of the real grecians..unlike some of the other trolls and knobs that hung around a year ago...we can't all be right all of the time...unless you are Paul Tisdale of course ;)

Last edited:

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree with you about bigtrees, BaL - although I've often disagreed with him in the past, I absolutely respect his opinions, his honesty, & his support for City.

Interesting to read Taylor saying, in the interview: "I will be doing bike work, swimming and a lot of rowing until then to keep up my fitness". A little insight into how professional the approach to fitness of Tis & the Club has become...

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting to read Taylor saying, in the interview: "I will be doing bike work, swimming and a lot of rowing until then to keep up my fitness". A little insight into how professional the approach to fitness of Tis & the Club has become...
Credit where credit's due: Alex Inglethorpe made great strides in making us one of the fittest clubs in the conference by rejuvenating the facilities at the training ground, concentrating on stamina and (I believe) introducing special menus.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Credit where credit's due: Alex Inglethorpe made great strides in making us one of the fittest clubs in the conference by rejuvenating the facilities at the training ground, concentrating on stamina and (I believe) introducing special menus.
Burger, cheesy chips, onion rings and a chocolate fudge desert

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

It's official... (All being well): Matt will be back into LIGHT training from Monday, full training from next Thursday.

SUPERB NEWS. Come on Matty T! We need ya! UTC