• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Gill

FAN-TATIC

When Matt Gill was at City he was in my opinion the turbo of our midfield engine. He could have returned two years ago and indeed was on his way to sign on when a call from Rovers offering better terms changed his mind and he joined them. He made his bed and he can lie in it.

I can see no reason whatsoever why we should even consider signing him. Anyway, we couldn't afford his wages so it's a nonstarter.

Last edited:

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Loved Gilly in his days with us but honestly can't see where he would fit in now

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
Gilly is one of my all time favourite City players, but it all seems like a long time ago. I wonder if he is still the same player. Tis would know how to get the best out of him if he is, but perhaps the pertinent question is who would win in a scrap between Gilly and Oakley?

Its better to let him contribute to draining Rovers' resources, I think.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let's just remember the good times.

RobertNorton3

With Gow, Sercombe, Oakley , Doc , Jimmy , Grimes I dont think we really need another central midfielder...

kolokloko

With Gow, Sercombe, Oakley , Doc , Jimmy , Grimes I dont think we really need another central midfielder...
To add, Davies, Bennett, Dawson and JMT can play there as well.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Gilly is one of my all time favourite City players, but it all seems like a long time ago. I wonder if he is still the same player. Tis would know how to get the best out of him if he is, but perhaps the pertinent question is who would win in a scrap between Gilly and Oakley?

Its better to let him contribute to draining Rovers' resources, I think.
I'd suggest his direct competition would be The Doc (who I hope is playing on Saturday).

simonlarkins17

Matt Gill rejoins Exeter City until January on loan from Rovers

Exeter City have signed Bristol Rovers Matt Gill on loan until January
http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-City-sign-Matt-Gill-loan-Bristol-Rovers/story-19954685-detail/story.html

ECFC traveller

Re: Matt Gill rejoins Exeter City until January on loan from Rovers

past his peak, ***** signing

malcolms

Re: Matt Gill rejoins Exeter City until January on loan from Rovers

past his peak, ***** signing
C'mon, he's a mate and besides, they had to have someone to take over Andy Tillson's place in the rota on the trip down the M5.....

Last edited: