• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Match Tickets ...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Firstly, as far as I'm aware, they don't have any software for allocating groups of tickets. That's to say, if someone orders X number of tickets together it's down to a piece of paper and a pencil. Secondly, the club doesn't have a device to print tickets and, this being the case, it's impossible to allocate tickets to a particular seat. Thirdly, all of this is made umpteen times more difficult by the fact that many people belong to more than one priority group and, at this point, the club doesn't have any software to reconcile all this.
Nice one Egg. Blustering away about someone living cloud cuckoo land and by way of explanation going to list all the areas where the club is deficient when the cloud cuckoo resident's solution would apparently have negated these deficiencies.

But, but, but what about the volunteers, and all those scribbled notes and not having a printer or a computer. It sounds as though the club might do well to listen to Greenawayr's offer of help (if it can affor his travel visas) instead of having Bossers randomly dismissing his ideas because they can't see how they work.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sharon, What happens for the away tickets for our home games. For Yeovil for example, do we send them 1100 (Or however many it is) tickets, or do we redirect them to ticketzone? If so, we must surely be the only team in the League (or even non league?) to use an outside agency for normal league games? I can see this potentially ending in disaster, and leaving a lot of people very ****** off.
Away tickets will be sent to the away clubs, duh!!!

I've never known a visiting supporter, to have to buy the tickets from us, same as generally as a rule, we don't buy tickets to away matches from the club we are visiting.

Didn't realise you were spokesperson for all the other teams in League 1 as well :S

Last edited:

BlockC

Firstly I would like to suggest we start working together to improve things - like Egg has done with the official website, others have done by helping out or donating time, money and equipment. We can solve all the problems in time and with the appropriate investment but it must represent a higher priority than all the other things that need doing - like making sure we have a stadium with the appropriate safety certificates.
We are improving all processes and systems as part of overall stratgey but this must also include interim solutions. If any one is able to help please feel free to PM me.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Away tickets will be sent to the away clubs, duh!!!

I've never known a visiting supporter, to have to buy the tickets from us, same as generally as a rule, we don't buy tickets to away matches from the club we are visiting.

Didn't realise you were spokesperson for all the other teams in League 1 as well :S
The impression I got from reading this thread was that we didn't have the facility to make the tickets...

Thames Valley Red

As someone that runs a business consultancy that specializes in software evaluation and review, I find some of the comments made very interesting. We have spent a great deal on developing some parts of the club, but seem to be missing IT strategy development and infrastructure. In the past I have run an IT budget of £6m pa and a team of 30 IS professionals, so feel well placed to comment. I presently provide consultancy in this area on a daily basis.

I have not read the detail on ticket zone but am mortified to see a Trust run club charging £2.50 for this service - is that right? I am also seeing you can only purchase tickets through a premium rate number, or the internet. Does this not marginalize people without access to PCs and unable to afford to pay premium rate numbers? I may have the wrong end of the stick, so happy to be put right on this one.

I hope the club will have a PC available with internet access at the club for people to buy tickets (with someone prepared to help people!), who cant afford a PC or don't have skill sets. Our seniors and betters maybe not as techno aware as the young 'PC aware' population.

We should not forget our roots as we develop our club!

UTC

TVR

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The impression I got from reading this thread was that we didn't have the facility to make the tickets...
We don't have the facility, but the tickets can still be sent to the the visiting club.

TVR, there will be a local telephone number to contact Ticketzone

Nik Saunders

I am also seeing you can only purchase tickets through a premium rate number, or the internet. Does this not marginalize people without access to PCs and unable to afford to pay premium rate numbers? I may have the wrong end of the stick, so happy to be put right on this one.

TVR
Looked at the news on the clubs website again and it says that Ticketzone will provide a local telephone number for ticket purchases which to me means a local call rate and not a premium rate.

denzel

We don't have the facility, but the tickets can still be sent to the the visiting club.

TVR, there will be a local telephone number to contact Ticketzone
01392, I'm 01392!

(Or 01395 at a push...)

iscalad

As someone that runs a business consultancy that specializes in software evaluation and review, I find some of the comments made very interesting. We have spent a great deal on developing some parts of the club, but seem to be missing IT strategy development and infrastructure. In the past I have run an IT budget of £6m pa and a team of 30 IS professionals, so feel well placed to comment. I presently provide consultancy in this area on a daily basis.

I have not read the detail on ticket zone but am mortified to see a Trust run club charging £2.50 for this service - is that right? I am also seeing you can only purchase tickets through a premium rate number, or the internet. Does this not marginalize people without access to PCs and unable to afford to pay premium rate numbers? I may have the wrong end of the stick, so happy to be put right on this one.

I hope the club will have a PC available with internet access at the club for people to buy tickets (with someone prepared to help people!), who cant afford a PC or don't have skill sets. Our seniors and betters maybe not as techno aware as the young 'PC aware' population.

We should not forget our roots as we develop our club!

UTC

TVR
Surely Ticketzone are charging the admin costs, not the club.

Bittners a Legend

To follow on from my earlier post;

1.) I realise that Ticket Zone are charging £2.50 but the club will have had to agree to that first and the club will presumably be taking a cut. If the club wasn't taking a cut then why would we go to ticketzone ahead of a different website/ticket seller etc. Therefore the club is taking more money from the fans because of its own deficiencies.

2.) I accept that Ticket Zone are the reason for the charge in theory but the fans are still having to pay the extra £2.50. Surely the club would be better off to invest in facilities to be able to do this inhouse and then charging the fans a little extra rather than losing potential money to Ticket Zone. If we wish to progress then this issue needs to be dealt with now and I don't really see this as a solution but rather pushing the problem to the side.

3.) As I said previously there are so many issues with this in terms of how far in advance fans are going to have to buy tickets to account for the time to process and then send tickets out. This would be less of an issue if the club did it inhouse because fans could pick up tickets in the day.