• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield Town v Exeter City matchday thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Didn't see the game but it seems we were lucky to get a point.

Agree with those that claim that the Stockley, Reid partnership isn't working, two Stockley goals against a lightweight Morcambe team are all the goals we've got from this pairing I believe.

We've lost Watkins and Wheeler and with it our ability to get the ball through mid field to the front, we should play one of the two and have runners from midfield to supply the ball, McAlinden and Holmes spring to mind.

Blustery conditions again interrupt our passing play, isn't it about time we started playing for wintery conditions rather that complain that our big boots upfield go astray? Next April is a long way away yet!

grecian55

Then we had the fun of their chavs at the railway station. Half of them were primary school children!
Nothing serious i hope Hants ? i see Neil Le Millere has put a message on ECFC Supporters Facebook page asking for anyone who saw anything to get in touch ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nothing serious i hope Hants ? i see Neil Le Millere has put a message on ECFC Supporters Facebook page asking for anyone who saw anything to get in touch ?
Nothing particularly serious, as no Exeter fan was interested in having a ruck. They (Mansfield) did look a bit stupid.

Benguin

Nothing particularly serious, as no Exeter fan was interested in having a ruck. They (Mansfield) did look a bit stupid.
They are a right bunch of plonkers! Last time i went to mansfield in the 90's a load of kids approached me and some friends and said"is this it' "come on then' to which we just laughed and and they wandered away looking even more stupid.
They do seem to have an over representation of juvenile hooligan wanabees!

Legohead

Banned
I was in the Torquay end at Mansfield for the Gulls last away game in the FL when they got relegated about 5 years back and upon the final whistle loads of chavvy delinquents rushed onto the pitch and came over to the Torquay fans 'giving it large' as it were. Classy. The good thing is that once they do actually get a good shoeing then most of them won't wish a repeat dose. Somehow i don't see these scrotes hanging around the railway station should it have been Millwall they were playing.

Legohead

Banned
Interesting thread on the Stagsnet forum entitled 'classless' all about portly Evans and his shenanigans. Sorry but i don't know how to post a link but it's there on Stagsnet.

denzel

Interesting thread on the Stagsnet forum entitled 'classless' all about portly Evans and his shenanigans. Sorry but i don't know how to post a link but it's there on Stagsnet.
http://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32496

Legohead

Banned

denzel

Did Tisdale really goad the opposition fans when we scored? If so, that would be the first time in ten years.

dontpassback

The goal we concede came from our throw in,I have noticed whenever we have a throw in,there never seems to be a city player who wants the ball,the movement is non existent.we conceded a last minute goal against Stevenage a couple of seasons back,and I just wonder why we don't appear to be on the front foot when taking throws ?