• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manny on transfer list

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its all about pecking orders, innit. Not really surprising and there's no point him waiting until the transfer window closes...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not entirely surprised by this to be honest.

I am sure it's just a coincidence that last season his run in the side was when we had our little mid-season blip...?

RHINO

I like Manny but he does seem to have a very high opinion of himself, I would guess this transfer request is because he already has a club lined up to take him!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I feel for the lad , not sure he's been given a fair crack of the whip....

We lack drive and legs in midfield and he has that....

not suprised mind.

Paulie

Having read Manny's comments in today's Echo I'd say he has been fairly poorly treated. Why play him throughout pre-season only to tell him he is surplus to requirements after one league game when you get the knock on the door from the player?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would say he has been treated with the utmost respect by our manager. He could have lied to him but he chose to lay cards on the table so to speak.

I think there was probably an element of psychology coming into play from Tis here, and alas I suspect the game has taught him something - about Manny that is.

No room for quitters at this club im afraid!

greenawayr

He was given a fair crack of the whip during pre-season, didn't do enough and has been told that he's not in the plans at the moment. Handing in a transfer request is Manny giving up, if he feels he's given everything he can then fair enough, but in that case he's not good enough for L1 and maybe even L2. If he felt he could improve and make it at this level then he wouldn't have asked for a transfer.

I've not really liked the cut of Manny's gib and think he'll be gone by the transfer deadline.

ecfc2000

He was given a fair crack of the whip during pre-season, didn't do enough and has been told that he's not in the plans at the moment. Handing in a transfer request is Manny giving up, if he feels he's given everything he can then fair enough, but in that case he's not good enough for L1 and maybe even L2. If he felt he could improve and make it at this level then he wouldn't have asked for a transfer.

I've not really liked the cut of Manny's gib and think he'll be gone by the transfer deadline.
In some ways i dont blame Manny for wanting to leave. Being left out the side with your place going to donkey boy Russell is quite probably infuriating and sometimes insulting.

If I knew Russell was getting selected ahead of me i'd shoot myself.

Last edited:

Poultice

Being left out the side with your place going to donkey boy Russell is quite probably infuriating and sometimes insulting.
Whilst admiring the sentiment I'd have to suggest that it was Bertie who was keeping the boy Manny at bay.

I think he has been fairly hard done by as he certainly brought plenty when I saw him, turned the game at Shrewsbury, vital goal at Wycombe, doesn't really fit in with Tis's geriatrics first policy.

ecfc2000

Whilst admiring the sentiment I'd have to suggest that it was Bertie who was keeping the boy Manny at bay.
Putting tactical b*ll*cks and positioning to one side for a second and talking pure ability, it is my opinion that Manny is worth/contributes double what Russell is, and is by far a superior player. Russell may read the game better than anyone else on the pitch, but he sure as hell struggles to play it. I hate to be unkind, but having Russell on the pitch is (sometimes) like playing with 10 men.