• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mackie debut for Plymouth

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
2 goals in 15 minutes in the second division and you muppets still don't rate him ?

I'd give up but somebody has to take responsibility for keeping this place real.
:D:D:D

Post of the week, in a week with many fine contenders.

exesaddler

Yes made me chuckle...2nd division...that was a good one!

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Poults id love it if you gave up i really would.

S

splott green

What's amusing about the second division?

Aston Villa play in the premiership, which is the first division.

Wolves play in the coca cola championship, which is the second division.

Leeds United play in coca cola League 1, which is the third division

Milton Keynes Dons, which is Wimbledon, play in coca cola league 2, which is the fourth division

Torquay United play in the Blue Square premier which is non- league, but you could say is the fifth division.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Milton Keynes Dons, which is Wimbledon, play in coca cola league 2, which is the fourth division

Torquay United play in the Blue Square premier which is non- league, but you could say is the fifth division.
Fascinating.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's the problem with having threads on the Word on Well Street on other teams' players. Their fans end up contributing. Surely all stuff to do with Mackie's performances there should be on the other forum?

On the bright side, his goals will give a headache to the manager now. As soon as their regular strikers don't score the crowd will be baying for Mackie, undermining team spirit. You just watch. Or he'll have to start with Mackie, who'll have to be brilliant to keep scoring at that level.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
I rate Mackie, I always have. I will always remember his performance v Torquay on boxing day. But his behaviour during January and his kissing the Arg*le badge has transported him well and truly to 'the other side'. To me he is just an Arg*le player now, and I couldn't give a t*ss how his career pans out, why should I? He doesn't give a t*ss about this club or its fans, he has made that abundantly clear for a long time.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heartily concur with that philosophy David! ;)

exesaddler

Quite remarkable...err welcome!

finetime

I rate Mackie, I always have. I will always remember his performance v Torquay on boxing day. But his behaviour during January and his kissing the Arg*le badge has transported him well and truly to 'the other side'. To me he is just an Arg*le player now, and I couldn't give a t*ss how his career pans out, why should I? He doesn't give a t*ss about this club or its fans, he has made that abundantly clear for a long time.
It's great how fans will never be able to distinguish that players are employees, paid to do a job to the best of their ability. He scored a load of goals this season, entertained and then earnt the club a wedge after he (quite rightly IMO) decided that he had the chance to further his career down the road.

Sad as it may be but if Plymouth came in for any of our players they would move without hesitation. You can't expect a player to be a supporter - it just doesn't really happen anymore. A career is short and the rewards potentially massive - there's no place for sentimentality.

(wasn't having a go at you david, just trying to rationalise the argument)