• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mackie debut for Plymouth

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sturrock is a first rate manager.He knows that expectation can build too quickly and that if Mackie doesn't get a hat trick when he actually starts a game then people will be on his back.

So its a sensible call to play things down...

I remember Inglethorpe saying similar things re mackie...poor first touch,no awareness and poor in front of goal but still with immense potential!

Pete Martin (CTID)

the new Thierry Henri is alive and well and living in Plymouth!
The hairy Macki??

Last edited:

Grecian1987

Errr... why is everyone on here praising Plymouth and saying how well they're doing? Has everyone taken valium?

The badge-kissing is another hypocritical action by the toothy git. Remember him kissing the badge on boxing day?

He'll be off to a League 1 team next season and will start kissing the badge for them too, before I make him kiss the largest part of my @rse.

Poultice

The badge-kissing is another hypocritical action by the toothy git. Remember him kissing the badge on boxing day?
Yep, just after he had run his b*ll*cks off and scored two goals for us.

He worked for us then he works for somebody else now, get over it.

mustangspeed2006

Errr... why is everyone on here praising Plymouth and saying how well they're doing? Has everyone taken valium?

He'll be off to a League 1 team next season and will start kissing the badge for them too, before I make him kiss the largest part of my @rse.
Get over yourself.

He played his heart out for us and we've made a tidy profit on his departure. I wish all the luck at Plymouth and perhaps beyond.

Move on.

STURTZ

Call me a cynic but......

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really can't understand why anyone would want him to do well, I hope this is just a lucky start and he fails miserably from here on in, and his career slips away to nothingness.

Poultice

I really can't understand why anyone would want him to do well,
Had you considered that he is a really nice lad who did his utmost for our club, will probably nett us 150+k and is only trying to earn himself a living ?

Gozzer

I really can't understand why anyone would want him to do well, I hope this is just a lucky start and he fails miserably from here on in, and his career slips away to nothingness.
I understand that comment. But the bottom line is that if Mackie does well and gets transferred from Gargoyle, City stand to benefit from a sell on clause. Perhaps when that has happened it will be easier for us all to move on...

M

max_chinese

he still got slated don't know why though! he won them the game!