• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Luke O'Brien of Bradford City signing next week?

if we should sign anyone it should be Barnet's Izale McLeod, he has scored 15 goals this season and his contract runs out at the end of june! Would make sense as we have got one of the worst goal rates in league one!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
milts - in a way I agree with you, but reading that article perhaps it's not quote as straightforward as you suggest.

Not sure left back is quite the area we should be steghening though :-/

OBIluvu

If true, what an absolutely 'potentially' sh*te signing!!! Can't even get in Bradfords team, yet we deem him good enough for the league above? F*cking b*ll*cks!

Crying out for a creative midfielder, not another sh*t LB, we have BJ for that! And noone say push goldbourne further forward, he's useless going forward.
You couldn't be more wrong. He is an exciting, attacking FB who can play wide midfield too. He gets to the byline more often than most wingers do. If you asked any sane Bradford fan, pre-season, who could play at a higher level they'd have chosen Luke.

Phil Parkinson likes a flat back four, now listen up, I am telling you the truth here, in general play (not corners and free kicks) our full backs have not crossed the half way line since last October! Honestly it's true and has to be seen to be believed. It is desperately negative and all the best things about Lukes game are when he is attacking, he has no future under PP's preferred system, dismal, negative, eke out-a-result stylie.

We thought he was going to Preston, good luck to him, if you want an exciting FB who can get to the line and get crosses in, he's your man, if you want him to win every ball in the air, you'll be disappointed, I don't know why though, Danny Alves doesn't either..........;)

milts

You couldn't be more wrong. He is an exciting, attacking FB who can play wide midfield too. He gets to the byline more often than most wingers do. If you asked any sane Bradford fan, pre-season, who could play at a higher level they'd have chosen Luke.

Phil Parkinson likes a flat back four, now listen up, I am telling you the truth here, in general play (not corners and free kicks) our full backs have not crossed the half way line since last October! Honestly it's true and has to be seen to be believed. It is desperately negative and all the best things about Lukes game are when he is attacking, he has no future under PP's preferred system, dismal, negative, eke out-a-result stylie.

We thought he was going to Preston, good luck to him, if you want an exciting FB who can get to the line and get crosses in, he's your man, if you want him to win every ball in the air, you'll be disappointed, I don't know why though, Danny Alves doesn't either..........;)
Thanks for taking your time to post. Sounds like I was wrong, though at first glance it didn't sound promising! Am now slightly more excited by the prospect now.

Though it begs the question, what about goldbourne? Not that I rate him.

mammooman

Though it begs the question, what about goldbourne? Not that I rate him.
Never heard of the bloke melts.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
We shall see. Would seem a weird place to start unless he sees him as a potential partner for Golbourne on the left hand side with them switching position

milts

Never heard of the bloke melts.
And you call yourself a city fan.

milts

We shall see. Would seem a weird place to start unless he sees him as a potential partner for Golbourne on the left hand side with them switching position
Possible. Maybe he sees O'Brien as the next Moxey, a player who can attack well, runs the line but is decent at tracking back?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Possible. Maybe he sees O'Brien as the next Moxey, a player who can attack well, runs the line but is decent at tracking back?
Moxey type signing would be ideal

We shall see. If we sign him then all the encouragement and support for him.

Didnt expect any signings this window so if we do sign him then be happy someone has signed but if we dont then wont be to fussed

Last edited: