• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Luke O'Brien of Bradford City signing next week?

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately he has a tendency to lump aimless balls forward and can get caught out defensively.
He'll fit right in then :)

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
That's the price we like ... :)

Alistair20000

He'll fit right in then :)
Especially if his crossing skills are also lacking.

Banksy

Evening all, Bradford fan here.

O'B is on his way down to Exeter on Monday to sign for you. You'll be getting a strong, tenacious, deceptively quick full back. He's fairly effective going forward, really likes to overlap and run at players when given the opportunity. Unfortunately he has a tendency to lump aimless balls forward and can get caught out defensively. On the plus side he doesn't get outmuscled by anyone.

He can play on the left of midfield too but he's not particularly effective there IMO.

Hope that helps. :)
Doesn't sound much different from our Billy. Wonder why , if true , we're signing him especially as Tis says we have no money to spare. Have we found a new home for BJ ?

Grecian_Jay

I can't see even Tisdale being stupid enough to be spending money on 3 left backs so Goldie or BJ are off if this rumour is true.

Would rather we went for a creative midfielder but hey ho.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Especially if his crossing skills are also lacking.
With a bit of luck he might be injury prone too ... :)

Banksy

I can't see even Tisdale being stupid enough to be spending money on 3 left backs so Goldie or BJ are off if this rumour is true.

Would rather we went for a creative midfielder but hey ho.
Correct regarding the midfielder bit ( although I'd accept an attacking one ). If anyone is off it must be Goldie I guess unless we've managed to dump BJ on loan to some unsuspecting team.

Grecian1966

Correct regarding the midfielder bit ( although I'd accept an attacking one ). If anyone is off it must be Goldie I guess unless we've managed to dump BJ on loan to some unsuspecting team.
If Goldie is off that's probably good news financially as he's likely to be one of the highest earners. Can't really afford to have one of the bigger wage packets at left back which isn't an influential part of the pitch. This could represent vfm unless of course we end the season with three regular left backs which.......:$

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tbh I wouldn't miss Golbourne. Very overrated player imo.

milts

If true, what an absolutely 'potentially' sh*te signing!!! Can't even get in Bradfords team, yet we deem him good enough for the league above? F*cking b*ll*cks!

Crying out for a creative midfielder, not another sh*t LB, we have BJ for that! And noone say push goldbourne further forward, he's useless going forward.