• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Looking Forward

Boston Red

I'll be interested to see what happens with Rob Edwards. It's kind of ironic that he dropped down to the conference as he wasn't up to L1 football (Blackpool?) only to make it back with City - I bet he never expected that when he decided to join Tis!

Tony Wizzz

In the Flybe (not in a suit) and having a beer and
A discussion for tomorrow. Let's just enjoy today.
And a lot have said this, for the past two seasons.

UTC[ecfc]

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll be interested to see what happens with Rob Edwards. It's kind of ironic that he dropped down to the conference as he wasn't up to L1 football (Blackpool?) only to make it back with City - I bet he never expected that when he decided to join Tis!
We will miss him so much, Bosty, when he decides to hang up his boots.

I have had a little bet with Mackster, I reckon the starting line up day 1 will contain 6 of the current squad, ex loanees, he took 7.

I think it will depend a lot on the management mindset, if they run scared and go for hanging on then maybe one or two changes, should they want more, which I think is likely, then we shall need to stiffen the squad with quality which may mean a few bauys moving on.
Poult - interesting call - but, right now, I'd be happy to say that the management will not run scared. Tis will start to think about what is needed to succeed in L1, & who amongst the current squad is able to deliver, sometime next week.

He will doubtless trust many of the players who have taken us this far - because that's exactly what he did last year. I suspect some will find themselves in similar positions to that of Carlisle last year...

The main thing, I reckon, will be how he envisages the overall make-up & depth of the squad. I guess he'll be looking, when he thinks about building his squad, for a balance between impact players, potential "stalwarts", & younger players who can come through the ranks

TimG

Can we please just enjoy the day and think of that sort of stuff in a couple of weeks when it all sinks in!

Can we please just enjoy the day and think of that sort of stuff in a couple of weeks when it all sinks in!
A good point and im going to abide by that as much as possible. i will say simply, for now, that Tisdale, despite what anyone says on here or thinks or moans about, will get it right!

CC

(Though I've never been a BJ fan TBH, but can see it happening, possibly.)

Not a sentence I see very often :-O

Sorry, mind in gutter!