• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lloyd James

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's nothing to do with being a smart arse - are you saying Lloyd James has never captained City?

elginCity

Other than that idiot Danny Coles I'd suggest he's probably the worst captain we've had.
Lloyd was merely standing in, as poor as suggesting Scott Hiley is probably the worst manager we've had.

Antony Moxey

Standing in, standing out, he wore the armband therefore he was captain. Scott Hiley wasn't our worst manager either.

IndoMike

Never has anyone been so vociferously wrong. Poor old Ant just can't bear to ever admit it. But he's right about James' performance yesterday. His passes were magnetically drawn to the Stevenage players. Mind you, Harley couldn't tackle a teddy bear, Tillson was "doh", Wheeler was AWOL, as was Watkins, Reid was wrapped up like a Xmas gift by the Stevenage defender although a little better in the 2nd half. But i thought the defense was ok except for the keeper, who doesn't inspire much confidence. We were constantly second to the ball and powder puff in the tackle.
Tisdale's post match comments were contradictory and overall a load of old bull
I do think the team was a bit tired and will hope that was the case. So still hoping we can get back to winning ways.
Finally, I enjoyed my invite to the VIP rooms : the lasagna was tasty and the atmosphere cosy.

Antony Moxey

Oh FFS admit what? If he wears a bloody captain's armband then he's the bloody captain. It wasn't just a one off or for five minutes, it was in JMT's absence.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we should all stop agreeing that Moxey is wrong, it's detracting from posts about how rubbish Lloyd James is. I can't recall seeing anyone in a City shirt with a worse pass, he must have a success rate of about 20%. Even in a midfield as poor as we had yesterday, James stood out as being exceptionally **** and I'm not quite sure why he wasn't taken off.

iscalad

Oh FFS admit what? If he wears a bloody captain's armband then he's the bloody captain. It wasn't just a one off or for five minutes, it was in JMT's absence.
He was captain quite a few times earlier in the season. I don't know why anyone is getting so wound-up over the issue.

STURTZ

Other than that idiot Danny Coles I'd suggest he's probably the worst captain we've had.
I thought JMT was captain!!:)

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we should all stop agreeing that Moxey is wrong, it's detracting from posts about how rubbish Lloyd James is. I can't recall seeing anyone in a City shirt with a worse pass, he must have a success rate of about 20%. Even in a midfield as poor as we had yesterday, James stood out as being exceptionally **** and I'm not quite sure why he wasn't taken off.
how can we all possibly agree that moxeys wrong, just as james being crap, it just dont happen !!!!

crocks

It was a miracle City got a point yesterday as there was no effective midfield. At times Stevenage just walked straight through the middle and if wasn't for the fact that they were not brilliant in the last 1/3rd and for some solid defending, then they would have won at a canter. James and Tillson were completely abject and you can't rely on Harley to make a tackle.