• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Living Wage at ECFC?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
So, it would take about 90 minutes of work before a 16-17 year old could afford a ticket for the Big Bank. Not a good look really.
When i started as a apprentice on South West Gas in 1977 I started on the princely sum of 52p a hour(decent money for anyone aged 16) iirc it was around 75p admission for a Juvenile at SJP in those days,so the money offered is relatively the same.

16-17 year olds it’s usually just a job for a bit of cash whilst at college..

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I read this morning that 6 football clubs have been found not to have paid some employees the minimum wage never mind the living wage, Sheffield United being by far the biggest culprit (£21k in total) but Coventry also underpaid a significant amount (£8k).

The other clubs were Charlton, Oldham, Portsmouth and Crewe.

That's pretty shoddy.

sign of the chimes

I read this morning that 6 football clubs have been found not to have paid some employees the minimum wage never mind the living wage, Sheffield United being by far the biggest culprit (£21k in total) but Coventry also underpaid a significant amount (£8k).

The other clubs were Charlton, Oldham, Portsmouth and Crewe.

That's pretty shoddy.
First I'd heard of this. Awful form from those involved.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
First I'd heard of this. Awful form from those involved.
I think in your case it was 700 quid.

sign of the chimes

I think in your case it was 700 quid.
Just went to look and saw that. No excuse though. I know many of these cases are staff on or near minimum wage who then drop below due to other deductions - but if we weren't paying so poorly in the first instance this wouldn't happen.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just went to look and saw that. No excuse though. I know many of these cases are staff on or near minimum wage who then drop below due to other deductions - but if we weren't paying so poorly in the first instance this wouldn't happen.
I think £700 probably falls into the category of genuine oversight / admin error. £20k certainly doesn't.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why am I not surprised to see Oldham in that list ? :unsure:

#dodgyowners

SageoftheAxe

Why am I not surprised to see Oldham in that list ? :unsure:

#dodgyowners
To be strictly fair, the Oldham offences were up to 2016 before the current regime took over, and were for c£2k. Not that that makes it any better of course.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm so disappointed we still haven't implemented the living wage. It's a bleddy disgrace, to be honest.
A community club, owned by the fans, happy to pay a rare to its lowest paid workers lower than they can live on.
How can this be sorted?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm so disappointed we still haven't implemented the living wage. It's a bleddy disgrace, to be honest.
A community club, owned by the fans, happy to pay a rare to its lowest paid workers lower than they can live on.
How can this be sorted?
There is a Trust AGM coming up. How about someone raises a resolution and let's allow democracy to take its course.

Reactions: WXF