• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liverpool Match Day Parking Any Ideas??

Lenny

Don't use Sandhills bus unless you are staying overnight in the City Centre.
We are staying in City Centre hotel, so this will be the best way then Redman?

happygrecian

I've just used Justpark.com as well (I'm assuming the match is on Wednesday). £8.80 to park in someone's drive, and a 5 minute walk to the ground.

Now just got to get there... Google Maps says 3 hours 57, but the earliest I can leave is 3.15...

redman

We are staying in City Centre hotel, so this will be the best way then Redman?
Which hotel are you staying at, let me know and I will give you the best option?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
They will say "Mind yerr car mate". Tell them to wash and wax, bizarrely some actually will do this. Or if you see them lurking nearby when you park up (usually on bikes) ask them if you can mind their bike, always gets a good reaction.
Top advice Redman, which side of the Park do you reckon is best for an oil and filter change ? :D

grecianexiled28

Posted this on the away day section......looking at google maps for Sandhills, struggling to see where the car park is....
I had a look last night on Maps, I found the Station but no Car Park, although the PDF leaflet that you can download says you can hop on a train at various stations and it will take you to Sandhills Station

this is the link for the web site, not sure what anyone else makes of it.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travelling-around/route-maps/pages/soccerbus.aspx

Last edited:

Number13

Don't use Sandhills bus unless you are staying overnight in the City Centre.
Why? Whats wrong with it? Its the advice from LFC?

PR4 Red

Gwladys Street School over at Everton is the best bet for anyone heading home after the game, £10 secure parking. (L4 5RW)

After the game you turn right on leaving the car park, right onto Gladys street and left at the top of the road, you are then on the road to the motorway.

There is street parking in that area which is perfectly safe, every road is residence permit parking but most roads have a couple of 'free' spaces at the end of the roads.

There seems to be some urban myth about kids looking after cars but in 30 years of parking in the Anfield/Goodison area Ive never been asked.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
There seems to be some urban myth about kids looking after cars but in 30 years of parking in the Anfield/Goodison area Ive never been asked.
To be fair, in my post about when I parked at Everton where I parked was a little more "official" than that as it was a small car park but IIRC was staffed by people somewhat younger than I was at the time (22).

grecianexiled28

Gwladys Street School over at Everton is the best bet for anyone heading home after the game, £10 secure parking. (L4 5RW)

After the game you turn right on leaving the car park, right onto Gladys street and left at the top of the road, you are then on the road to the motorway.

There is street parking in that area which is perfectly safe, every road is residence permit parking but most roads have a couple of 'free' spaces at the end of the roads.

is the parking actually at the school in Everton, as that sounds the best option for me.

PR4 Red

is the parking actually at the school in Everton, as that sounds the best option for me.
It is, there is security on it during the game.

The away section at Anfield is closest to it so a long as you don't stay in the ground to watch the lights getting turned off you will be away no trouble.