• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Teenagers.

newburygrecian

Have you seeen Tommy Walsh's Eco House?
I've had my fill of it.

Mackster

Fat Fighting programmes on TV in January

They put a 20 stone woman in a crop top to emphasis the fatness, more to the point she allows it.

MikeGrecian

Fat Fighting programmes on TV in January

They put a 20 stone woman in a crop top to emphasis the fatness, more to the point she allows it.
Bu663r!Missed that!:'(

MickStagraget

Drivers that beckon you across the road with an index finger, clearly they should invite you with an outstretched palm rather than assuming your intentions.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
The word guy/guys.

mammooman

A few from this morning....

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but the use of 'sick' to describe something. I take it that this word now means 'good'. I have noticed that it's usually used to describe something as good when the person saying it doesn't really know why.

The phrase 'swear down' used by young'uns to emphasize what they are saying. Where has this come from. It always used to be "I swear I didn't do it", now its "I didn't do it, swear down." What is down? Why not up? I swear diagonally.

When you get sent an email, letter or similar of importance that is 27 pages long, 26 and a half pages of that are just elongated bullsh*t. The point could have been made in 2 lines.

When resturants, usually gastro-gustro-trendymo-cool-chrome-bars-with rustic heritage, decide to make each item like a Marks and Spencer advert. "Authentic Mushrooms Pan Fried in only the richest of Premium Olive Oils from the Andalucian Region of Spain for extra taste infusion"...no, just "with fried mushrooms" will do. The reasons these meals cost so much isn't the location, ingredients, staff costs etc...its the bloody printing costs!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
A few from this morning....

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but the use of 'sick' to describe something. I take it that this word now means 'good'. I have noticed that it's usually used to describe something as good when the person saying it doesn't really know why.

The phrase 'swear down' used by young'uns to emphasize what they are saying. Where has this come from. It always used to be "I swear I didn't do it", now its "I didn't do it, swear down." What is down? Why not up? I swear diagonally.

When you get sent an email, letter or similar of importance that is 27 pages long, 26 and a half pages of that are just elongated bullsh*t. The point could have been made in 2 lines.

When resturants, usually gastro-gustro-trendymo-cool-chrome-bars-with rustic heritage, decide to make each item like a Marks and Spencer advert. "Authentic Mushrooms Pan Fried in only the richest of Premium Olive Oils from the Andalucian Region of Spain for extra taste infusion"...no, just "with fried mushrooms" will do. The reasons these meals cost so much isn't the location, ingredients, staff costs etc...its the bloody printing costs!
You missed "Organic Field" after the word "Authentic." Give the product the respect it deserves. ;)

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moss in my lawn. I spike the lawn all over during the autumn year after year - can I get rid of it :mad:

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lateness....