• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cracking "match report" there Mr Moxey...

....your finest ever IMHO ;)

Grecian2K

Oh, and LITTLE things that annoy me (or at least try to)

Turkeys fans on BB (esp the Jerky/b_t_i/babygro clone)

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moxey is on fine form, good rant and spot on with the 'touch base' thing.

MattyD

'Baby on board' stickers. Basically you're just saying 'hey, mine works, how about yours'. F*ck off, smug tw*t. And as if that makes a difference anyway - should I change my driving style because you have kids - if it's all the same to you I'd rather not kill anyone on the roads, not just your offspring. Or perhaps you're really telling us that you're going to be all over the place because you're constantly have to sort out junior and haven't got the time to concentrate on what you're actually supposed to be doing, like, y'know, driving.
May incur a woooosh but aren't they useful for firemen / ambulance crew in the event of a crash to look out for a baby where as they might otherwise miss them possibly?

Things that annoy me,

When you're following someone in the aisle of a supermarket and the person in front just stops, turns around to walk the other way and expects you to move for them!!

When people don't justify a decision based on evidence or question a decision because it has come from someone they like, this usually happens at work. E.g. We're doing it like this, Why? Because that's the way we've always done it.

Oh and seagulls ripping open bin bags on bin day morning (No wheelies where i am)

MattyD

Cold callers - How likely am I to buy your windows/moblie plan/energy switching idea if you ring me right in the middle of my tea. Fook right off.
You're correct, a better business plan would be to phone you during the day when you'll be at work :)

On second thoughts, going by your second annoyance maybe daytime calling would be fine.

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sarcasm in traffic cops

Salespersons who try to flog you extended warranties.

Drivers who dont use their indicators on roundabouts.

KingBilly

You're correct, a better business plan would be to phone you during the day when you'll be at work :)

On second thoughts, going by your second annoyance maybe daytime calling would be fine.
I see what you've done there. Jump to an assumption that I probably don't work because I mentioned I am annoyed by a Debt Collection Ageny?

Good assumption, but wrong Sir. Mobile phone company wrongly billed me for two months after I cancelled my contact with them. I refuse to pay. They send me 5 or 6 letters. I reply 'no' each time. They pass/sell the 'debt' of 46 pounds to a Debt Collection Agency. Said agency threaten Court, door Step Collectors and even Baliffs. They are 'little' and annoy me. They can fook off.

I still go to work every day. I still get called by cold callers frequently. Nearly always at tea time. The are also 'little' and annoy me. They can also fook off.

Hope this helps. ;)

Antony Moxey

May incur a woooosh but aren't they useful for firemen / ambulance crew in the event of a crash to look out for a baby where as they might otherwise miss them possibly?
Urban myth. Do the proud parents take them out of the car when their little precious isn't being ferried around?

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
elderly drivers that have big powerful cars then proceed to drive at 30mph in a 60mph area. the one i really hate, but hasnt happened to me for a while. i work in a bakery in a supermarket, and a customer whistles to get my attention. "oh sorry sir did you lose your dog?". A SIMPLE EXCUSE ME WOULD BE GOOD YOU IGNORANT TW*T!!!

Antony Moxey

Good assumption, but wrong Sir. Mobile phone company wrongly billed me for two months after I cancelled my contact with them. I refuse to pay. They send me 5 or 6 letters. I reply 'no' each time. They pass/sell the 'debt' of 46 pounds to a Debt Collection Agency. Said agency threaten Court, door Step Collectors and even Baliffs. They are 'little' and annoy me. They can fook off.
Indeed they can. Unless your case goes to court, and it's ruled against you, then legally they have no gorunds whatsoever to send round door step collectors or bailiffs.

Of course, if you're brave enough, encourage them to take you to court, then in front of a judge you can present your proof, make them look stupid plus probably earn yourself a bit of compo for 'distress caused'.

Which brings me on to grannies. At what age is it that all of a sudden you become utterly f*cking stupid and completely gullible? Just how many times do we have to see a picture in the paper of an elderly couple looking glum faced holding up a gas bill for £120,000 that was mistakenly sent to them - even though they've never had gas - with a story accompanying the pic saying how they're at their wits' end, don't know what to do, are worried they'll lose everything, with an accompanying few lines from a particularly angry offspring - usually late 30s to early 40s - saying how the utility companies shouldn't be allowed to get away with such outrageous behaviour.

Well let them take you to court you stupid f*cking retards!!! How on earth did you ever imagine that a six figure bloody utility bill for a utility you've never had was ever going to be enforceable? Thirty years ago you'd have told them to f*ck off so when was it that they flicked your mong switch and turned you into an utter dipsh*t? In fact, for your stupidity, you DESERVE to get stung for thousands, then there really would be a reason to have your ridiculous gurning mugs staring back at us from the pages of the local rag.