• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln-what a thoroughly nice club

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is that an Exewebber stood next to RAWZ? He kept screaming "J'aime le Bertie" in a high pitched voice which was pretty funny.
It is. I'll leave him to introduce himself. (he has written on this thread!)

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
And it's not me, either ;)

Last edited:

brayford grecian

Enjoyed the day, and it was really nice to have a pre match drink in the club before hand, with everyone mingling and getting on.

The Stewards were great, i stood throughout with no problems.

The only thing i will say is that their were some gobby kids on the way out (must have only been about 10 or 11) telling us to f*ck off and exeter is sh*t (the usual stuff), all that did was make me and the lads i was with have a bit of a giggle, we went past an old lincoln fan and seemed really gutted by this behaviour.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds a much friendlier club then Brentford....

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
was a friendly atmosphere on the day ... slightly spoiled when i read some of the comments on the football forum site the next day but overall a good day ...

As for the ground, i believe they were sponsored by Lego as the stands are built in a way that a bored child would understand ... a little bit here and there ...

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everyone at the club was very helpful.Atmosphere was very relaxed between the 2 sets of fans & combined with result made for a very enjoyable time at Lincoln.Exactly how a day out watching the football should be.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds a much friendlier club then Brentford....
Brentford is actaully renowned as a pretty friendy club!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Is that an Exewebber stood next to RAWZ? He kept screaming "J'aime le Bertie" in a high pitched voice which was pretty funny.
It's Saturday's Ref.

les.gtfc

As a Grimsby fan, Lincolns nearest rivals, I too say that the majority of their fans are top notch. We do get the usual idiots who turn out when we are playing, much similar to when you play Plymouth I would think, but on the whole they're spot on.

I don't have a dislike (hate, is too strong a word to use for football fans) for Lincoln fans either, unlike Scumthorpe of Hull and for the last 2 season both set of fans have raised a lot of money for charity by doing a "Bike To The Bank/Park" sponsored bike ride where fans bike to each others grounds with home fans meeting at a halfway point so they too cycle the full distance.

Last edited:

Saint James

516 posts now Les - took me about 3 years to get to that point!