• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln-what a thoroughly nice club

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know I haven't gone to all away games this season, but that was my favourite day/ weekend out. If we are there next season or the one after I would thoroughly recommend staying over, perhaps supping in the bars around the Cathedral (after negotiating a *****ng steep hill) and on the waterfront.

Also, the 'Lincolnshire Echo' stand wins the award for possibly the strangest stand in League Two- overall the ground was a tad Woking-esque in its conception

The only person I met all weekend who didn't enjoy Lincoln was the cab driver- what a thoroughly miserable git.

Grecian_Harryj

Sincil bank was a better ground than i thought it was going to be.

Poundstretcher

(after negotiating a *****ng steep hill)
The road is called Steep Hill. What did you expect?

denzel

The road is called Steep Hill. What did you expect?
Lincolnshire is technically a flat county, so I thought it was ironic. I mean, York has an area called The Shambles, but it's actually quite nice, and Histon has a 'stadium' which isn't.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice enough ground/town.

There fans really got behind the team and I was actaully pretty impressed with there support. If we were in there position would we have 2 sides of the ground singing/drumming for msot of the match?

Stewards/Club shop/Fans all very friendly...

Oldsmobile-88

If we are there next season or the one after I would thoroughly recommend staying over, perhaps supping in the bars around the Cathedral (after negotiating a *****ng steep hill) and on the waterfront.

Also, the 'Lincolnshire Echo' stand wins the award for possibly the strangest stand in League Two- overall the ground was a tad Woking-esque in its conception

Yes that is one hell of a hill to the Cathedral(no pun intended)..I managed to do it twice..

That stand was originally going to be wider,but when Lincoln were relegated to the Conference in 1987,ambitions were scaled back a bit on that development...

Since my first visit,the ground has been completely rebuilt & very nice it looks too.

Thames Valley Red

Shame they over charged our fans compared to home fans!

Oldsmobile-88

Shame they over charged our fans compared to home fans!
What was the price for home fans???

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yes poor RAWZ he had a right job sorting it out in the end at an angle.
Looked all right to me.

fred binneys head

Is that an Exewebber stood next to RAWZ? He kept screaming "J'aime le Bertie" in a high pitched voice which was pretty funny.