• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Match day thread!!

1burnm

Really hoping Nombe only has cramp, if he’s out again it’ll be gutting.
He tweeted last night to say he is fine

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apologies, it was my fault for raising it as part of my post about the game.
You're a very naughty boy.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're a very naughty boy.
He's certainly not the Messiah.

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy! - YouTube

fred binneys head

He tweeted last night to say he is fine
I know, but he might not know yet.

1burnm

After weeks of discussion and speculation did we play our first game of the season at Lincoln yesterday?
If so, it'd nice to hear from those who were there about that, rather than where they sat or stood.
City played well. i know I dont post on here much, hardly ever in fact. But I watch City a lot. Me and my boy were talking about how this game would be very important in terms of knowing where we stood in relation to established league one clubs. As Taylor says, League one is almost two leagues. Your Derbys Portsmouths Ipswiches etc in the top half. And your Cambridges Forest Greens and Lincolns in the bottom. City are going to need to match the lower half teams, get a point away from home and three points at home, to stay in this league. Then just take anything they can get from the upper half teams as a bonus. So it would have been worrying if City had turned up yesterday and been dominated, but it didnt happen. They moved the ball just as well as Lincoln, slightly better in fact, if anything our first X1 looked slightly higher quality. There weren't that many passages of play where our midfield was dominated and the ball kept coming back and putting pressure on the defence. The main threat came from Jevani and Nombe. As has been said on this thread already, Brown appears to be at the absolute top of his game. Not just the assist, but his overall football brain, his movement. People dont know where or how to pick him up. I thoughtKey Sparkes Collins etc. played their game well although maybe got slightly tired as the game went on. Hartridge and especially Diabate looked to me to be well capable of performing in this league. Apart from the goal, Diabate was very, very assured. Sweeney I thought wasted the ball a lot at the end of the game, playing it forward to nobody. He needs to look at that. But overall, very positive I thought. Certainly better than I expected.

1burnm

I know, but he might not know yet.
True. In a way it might be a positive as it will remind the club that they cannot possibly go through the season without a strong second option.

Bridgy 81

City played well. i know I dont post on here much, hardly ever in fact. But I watch City a lot. Me and my boy were talking about how this game would be very important in terms of knowing where we stood in relation to established league one clubs. As Taylor says, League one is almost two leagues. Your Derbys Portsmouths Ipswiches etc in the top half. And your Cambridges Forest Greens and Lincolns in the bottom. City are going to need to match the lower half teams, get a point away from home and three points at home, to stay in this league. Then just take anything they can get from the upper half teams as a bonus. So it would have been worrying if City had turned up yesterday and been dominated, but it didnt happen. They moved the ball just as well as Lincoln, slightly better in fact, if anything our first X1 looked slightly higher quality. There weren't that many passages of play where our midfield was dominated and the ball kept coming back and putting pressure on the defence. The main threat came from Jevani and Nombe. As has been said on this thread already, Brown appears to be at the absolute top of his game. Not just the assist, but his overall football brain, his movement. People dont know where or how to pick him up. I thoughtKey Sparkes Collins etc. played their game well although maybe got slightly tired as the game went on. Hartridge and especially Diabate looked to me to be well capable of performing in this league. Apart from the goal, Diabate was very, very assured. Sweeney I thought wasted the ball a lot at the end of the game, playing it forward to nobody. He needs to look at that. But overall, very positive I thought. Certainly better than I expected.
Nice one.
Thanks for the report.

IndoMike

He tried the long range chip at port vale last season too, it’s clearly something he’s good at and will score from soon.
I remember that. Yep, sooner or later will go in. Obviously he's full of confidence.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Loved seeing Matt Taylor celebrating our goal. I don't normally notice but it was properly celebrated!

DawlishBouy

Looks like we will be getting SJP360 style videos for the away games this season: