• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Match day thread!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Did the tickets have a seat number on them?
The steward on entry said it was unallocated seating.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Max didn't see that I asked him a question, I didn't make a judgment .
It's a good argument, though.
PS. I don't think Max has any seating in his home : it's all standing.😉
Fair that made me laugh 😅

IndoMike

I don't understand why this has to be an argument that is won or lost. There is clearly a compromise.

If you don't want us standers to go to games then please ask the club and the players to confirm that.
You're taking the argument to an extreme and playing the victim. Surely it's any club's responsibility to ensure there is safe, designated sitting areas and safe , designated areas for standers. If there isn't then the case described by FBH will not be isolated and there will be arguments between sitters and standers all over the place, which might become ugly. What does not work is a situation where it is left to the spectator to decide.

Grecian Max

So when you attend a match in effect you are making a contract whereby the club could chuck you out if you insisted on standing. Is that right? Yes, or no?
Yes - and if you have a read it’s up to the club. If you’ve been on the road with city for at least the last decade, barely any club has an issue with it. Lincoln have a large section of supporters who stand within seating. Lincoln didn’t and wouldn’t have thrown anyone out because it wasnt allocated seating and no problem. It’s also not against the law. So the facts are on the side of true standers.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How many years have we been doing this. The compromise works.

Bridgy 81

After weeks of discussion and speculation did we play our first game of the season at Lincoln yesterday?
If so, it'd nice to hear from those who were there about that, rather than where they sat or stood.

Grecian Max

You're taking the argument to an extreme and playing the victim. Surely it's any club's responsibility to ensure there is safe, designated sitting areas and safe , designated areas for standers. If there isn't then the case described by FBH will not be isolated and there will be arguments between sitters and standers all over the place, which might become ugly. What does not work is a situation where it is left to the spectator to decide.
It’s quite a rare situation and only happens when someone wants to make a point, has nothing to do with anything of substance from their side.

IndoMike

Fair that made me laugh 😅
Good.

fred binneys head

Yes - and if you have a read it’s up to the club. If you’ve been on the road with city for at least the last decade, barely any club has an issue with it. Lincoln have a large section of supporters who stand within seating. Lincoln didn’t and wouldn’t have thrown anyone out because it wasnt allocated seating and no problem. It’s also not against the law. So the facts are on the side of true standers.
And that was proven yesterday because the complainant spoke to a steward and to a policeman and neither of them did anything, other than have long conversations with her, I imagine explaining the compromise situation to her, but I don’t know.

fred binneys head

After weeks of discussion and speculation did we play our first game of the season at Lincoln yesterday?
If so, it'd nice to hear from those who were there about that, rather than where they sat or stood.
Apologies, it was my fault for raising it as part of my post about the game.