• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds Utd vs Exeter City Matchday thread

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Today was your cup final the same as 90% of the teams in this league.
:D :D :D

No. If City took a lot away today, it was in celebration of being the first game in League One, not because Leeds are perceived to be a 'big club'.

Thames Valley Red

Our club are not stupid and we can work out who is a member and 3,000 plus are members already, that narrows down the opportunity and we have season ticket holders and I am sure we will do a general knowledge quiz to weed out any Leeds fans. Show some respect and don't bother, and then perhaps more clubs would like your club.

Have to say the arrogance of some fans shown through, but lets face it you are on this league on merit!

UTC

TVR

little kev

Today was your cup final the same as 90% of the teams in this league, every time we played away last season the home side registered thier biggest crowd, i know we are not famous anymore but every other club seems to think so by the crowds we attract.
The reason that there are so many Leeds supporters is because they are like Man U supporters will be in 20/30 years time. You are the 70s kids who jumped on the bandwagon of a successful team.
Probably wrong forum, but hey ho

Thames Valley Red

Could some answer the following question for me..........have Exeter ever lost at Old Trafford?

older-codger

I thought he walked for foul and abusive laguage never saw an elbow, As i posted before the atmosphere at Leeds is always like that until Millwall arrive, never been the same since it became all seater.
Foul and abusive language would have been a yellow - a straight red would suggest an elbow.

LOG

Foul and abusive language would have been a yellow - a straight red would suggest an elbow.
Foul and abusive can be a red. Dissent is yellow.

Oli

Haha cup final :) good one.

We were fine today. Play like that every week and we could do a top half finish. We need more up front and actually missed Stanno I think. We should have been 3-0 down afte 30 mins but we could have won in the end. Well done Cozic, Norwood, Macca and Jones.

vinniehub

Just got home and have to say I've never felt so upbeat after seeing us lose! First 20 minutes looked like we were going to get the slaughtering I'd predicted but we came back very well and it was a shame we couldn't nick a point. Everyone played their part. One or two of our "experienced" lads seemed to fiind the pace a bit hot against a very-impressive Leeds attack but the picks for me were Bertie, Harley and Duffy. Maca gave us one of those great little cameos from the bench and Norwood, who I was surpried to see so quickly but we've almost run out of forwards, could be a real find.

The referee though - dear or dear oh dear. Just the sort of ref you expect when you go to one of the bigger stadiums as a visitor, I'm afraid. We talked to Tis and one or two of the players after and apparently Corr was sent off after having his shirt tugged and retaliating by pushing the Leeds player to the ground - nothing to do with language. What I didn't understand was, we were attacking, and won a corner, at which point the ref called Corr over and red-carded him. But if he committed an offence then (a) Why didn't the ref stop the game for it while we were attacking, and (b) Why were we allowed to take the corner we won after the sending-off? I felt a bit sorry for Corr who took a lot of bumping and barging throughout whereas the ref treated Beckford like a protected species.

But never mind. I think the QPR game now looks a more attractive proposition and suddenly the Norwich game doesn't look anywhere near as intimidating. Today's performance has given me real optimism for the rest of the campaign.

OAKY WHITE

Our club are not stupid and we can work out who is a member and 3,000 plus are members already, that narrows down the opportunity and we have season ticket holders and I am sure we will do a general knowledge quiz to weed out any Leeds fans. Show some respect and don't bother, and then perhaps more clubs would like your club.

Have to say the arrogance of some fans shown through, but lets face it you are on this league on merit!

UTC

TVR
Im sure the Exeter whites or South west whites branches will supply a few tickets, Dont see how i would not be showing you respect by trying to get a ticket to watch my team, how many tickets will we get just out of curiosity.

Poultice

Bugger !

What a good day out spoiled only by the complete d*ck of a ref and the lino on the West side, they never gave us nothing all day.

First 30 we were hardly at the races, everybody was working hard but the system meant that despite Corr's excellent hold up play we simply couldn't hang on to the ball, ok Bazzer got sent off for gobbin, pretty much hard to forgive, but up to that point he had been superb. Last 15 we got into the game more, their goal seemed to settle the boys down a bit, although Leeds had plenty going forward they were none too solid at the back. The goal was a bit of a mess with their guy running past three lameish tackles and finding Beckford who was a pain all afternoon, somebody, probably Matt T should have picked up the run but Beckford is quality for this league, his movement and pace are different class, 1 on 1 he seems a bit of Stanno but his instinctive play was first class.

Second half up until Baz lost it we matched them everywhere, we passed the ball much better retaining possession, even after he went off, and despite a bit of scrambling defence, the 10 men did us proud.

Jonesy had a couple of wobblies on crosses and his kicking went awol for a bit, he had no chance with either goal and although he still doesn't dominate his box as I would like he was in the right place to thwart a good few 1 on 1s.

Duffers was tidy and seems to have a better idea of how to mark up than some.

Matty T solid, got caught out by the movement at times, but so would a better player.

Scrat the same, looked much better than last season, them two boys should forget about being clever and stick to being centre backs, loads of crosses coming in and they bossed most of them.

Golbourne v good, done everything and got forward a bit, could take some blame for the second but was overloaded and skinned by a couple of good players.

Rob E was the glue that held it together as always, got rid a bit sharper than pre-season which was good, he is getting on and it shows.

Russell, great goal and some decent passing, doesn't tackle well enough and like Rob doesn't really have the legs.

Stewy see Russell except the goal.

Harley was neat and tidy, passed well, got up and down and made his tackles.

Bertie, just immense. MoM, IMHO, for all you knockers this boy can play.

Corr up to the point when his gob got him sent off was great at everything, nobody I spoke to, us or them, saw an elbow, bags of effort pace and good touch.

Macca came on to give us a forward, won the free kick for the goal and competed well in the air but his touch was off and he seems to have porked up.

31 Boy ? What a fecking star this boy is gonna be, that dummy late on, well half the ground bought it, pace, touch, effort and bottle, almost got on the end of summat as well, great way to start your league career of course but with a bit more muscle he cna be the real deal.

Overall we struggled for pace and energy, see comments re age, the work and team ethic was great if the defensive organisation left a bit to be desired, I know you lot think Tis is God but I've got to say that with 2 up front, even with 10 men, everything works better, 1 up gave us no outlet and left us under far too much pressure. Leeds aint that good despite some good players, Beckford will score a lot of goals but anyone that has a go at them will have a chance.

The ref was a total homer and one lino was no fecking help at all.

Support, outstanding.

Pie and chips with gravy and mushy peas, lovely.

The Leeds scum, patchy, plenty of thick as feck hey oop Leeds merchants balanced by some decent sorts, intimidating atmos....?Nah !

I hate taking positives from a defeat and despite my fear when I saw the full geriatric brigade in boots, the boys done good, we keep it up, get a few boys fit, work hard to get those improvements that Tis goes on about all the time then we can most definitely compete at this level.

Bring it on !