• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds pitch invasion

city_is_my_life

Funny thing is (or not), if he had instead gone off and torched a building or even killed someone, no punishment would have been allowed as he is under the age of responsibility.
There are punishments in place for serious crimes. He would receive, I think, a Child Protection Order. Can't remember the section but it's from the Children and Young Persons Act 1933, again I think!

Can't remember the exact details as it is nearly two years since I had to study law.

CIML

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
There are punishments in place for serious crimes. He would receive, I think, a Child Protection Order. Can't remember the section but it's from the Children and Young Persons Act 1933, again I think!

Can't remember the exact details as it is nearly two years since I had to study law.

CIML
OK - maybe I should've put a more petty crime in instead!

The house whose garden backs onto my Mum's, and has been vacant since the death of my old Cricket coach, was infiltrated by squatters, the youngest of whom was a 9 year old who ran amok.

The Police then visited, saying that while he was 9 there was nothing they could do, but as soon as he turned 10 they would be straight round to lock him up, as well as then having the power to forcibly remove the rest of them. True to their word his 10th Birthday saw him carted off and the family booted out.

city_is_my_life

What is interesting though is how low our age of criminal responsibility is compared to most other countries. As examples: in France it is 13, Japan 14 and Italy 15. Personally I believe that it should be as low as it is.

CIML

Last edited:

hoops

If ECFC banned every City fan who's been on the pitch at Torquay our crowds would be even lower than theirs :)

Thankfully, there is a public right of way across Plainmoor, so everyone's fine.
not on match days, tried that one and still got banned.

greenawayr

Might sound a bit old school, but I'm a believer that the parents should be punished for crimes the kids commit up until the age of around 12. Parents will always be the main role model for kids up till this age and almost always, crimes committed by minors under this age are as a result of negligent parenting.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
What is interesting though is how low our age of criminal responsibility is compared to most other countries. As examples: in France it is 13, Japan 14 and Italy 15. Personally I believe that it should be as low as it is.

CIML
Sheesh. Then there was the case in my hometown in Wyoming of the kid who shot and killed his Mum at 14, and was tried as an adult 'cos of the nature of the crime.

city_is_my_life

Sheesh. Then there was the case in my hometown in Wyoming of the kid who shot and killed his Mum at 14, and was tried as an adult 'cos of the nature of the crime.
As he should have been! Anyway... hometown in Wyoming?!?

CIML

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I was an Exchange Student for a year in Douglas, Wyoming.

city_is_my_life

As exciting stuff!

The most recently that there has been a big hoo-ha (technically term!) about the age of criminal responsibility was back in 1993 with Venable and Thompson. A lot of other countries were in uproar about the way that those two lads were treated by the courts and the media.

CIML

glos_grecian

How effective are these banning orders? How easy would it be for the same kid and his dad to get into SJP for the home game?

Anyone here have experience of this?