• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds fan's view

EYEBALL119

Only 5 days to go... Hope you're as excited as me!

First of all I'll give you a bit of info, I realise others on here have but a few more points can't hurt. You will have no problem parking, Elland Road is surrounded by very large car parks and some smaller ones, each will cost you about £5. I assume most of you are coming up the M6 and across the M62 (I live in Manchester so I use the M62 also) leave M62 at J27 and head towards Elland Road. The ground is signposted of the the junction BEFORE the ground, its easier to park and easier to access the stadium if you go to the next junction so that you pass the ground on your right, take the 3rd exit at the roundabout so you are pretty much next to the stadiumn. Don't park in the side streets! you'll see planty of available car parks from here.

Avoid the OLD PEACOCK but you should be ok everywhere else, wear colours if you want to, it isn't as scary as people would have you believe. as long as you're not singing anti-Leeds songs you'll be fine... Only teams who we have a big rivalry with shouldn't wear colours (Man U, Cardiff, Millwall etc.)

So onto the main event, how you lot been playing in pre-season? we're playing arguably the best football since we played in the Champions League. we 'appear' to be the going in the right direction this season. So far our warm-up has consisted of a mediocre trip to Ireland, a draw with Grimsby, Blackburn (we hammered them), another draw with Newcastle and a win at Burnley, the latter without probably our best 5 players!

I'm not sure what the attendance will be, we usually get around 25,000+ for the opening day in League 1 but apparently you have sold 3,000 too so we'll see.

I fully expect Leeds to win, as would many Leeds fans. Should we have any aspirations of getting out of this division we need to win our home games add that to the fact that we haven't lost an opening day fixture home or away for 20 years... I will go for Leeds 3-1 Exeter City

Hope you have a good day and a good season!

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
how you lot been playing in pre-season? we're playing arguably the best football since we played in the Champions League.
Oh that is reassuring cos we have been utter sh*te.

Even with the impending move of Fab to "Citeh" I think this is the one for you boys although Maccy Ds might give you a bit of a run now they have got Judas back, the signs have been there for a while and Grayson is a proper gaffer.

We on the other hand may well have over-reached a tad with our current squad and an over cautious manager might mean we shall pay a little too much respect to the likes of thee.

Despite the obvious Tinpot connotations many of us do see this game as our Cup Final and I do admit that I suspect the highlight of my season may well be watching " The Bauys " walk out at ER in front of a decent following, but for god sake lets just keep that between thee and me.

crocks

Leeds - superb PSF.

City - mixed performances (and thats being kind)

Only one result:

City win...;)

Pete Martin (CTID)

.......add that to the fact that we haven't lost an opening day fixture home or away for 20 years...
Whilst a thorough tonking has got to be favourite take heed that our erstwhile manager has developed something of a reputation for zapping records and exorcising demons.

Lister

I fully expect Leeds to win, as would many Leeds fans. Should we have any aspirations of getting out of this division we need to win our home games add that to the fact that we haven't lost an opening day fixture home or away for 20 years... I will go for Leeds 3-1 Exeter City

Hope you have a good day and a good season!
That's why I have a tenner on a City win. Best time of the season to play you guys imho, when you'll be off guard.

Last edited:

EYEBALL119

That's why I have a tenner on a City win. Best time of the season to play you guys imho, when you'll be off guard.
Having been through the horrors of the last 6 season with Leeds I'd be inclined to agree with you but something about the way Simon Grayson has got Leeds playing, even at the end of last season when we lost just 1 of our last 16 games makes me believe that few teams will get close to us this season. I realise that smacks of the arrogance and deluded nature opposition fans come to expect of Leeds fans but I have not been so excited by the prospect of a new season for years and the players seem to believe we can take this league by storm... Lets hope so!

Please feel free to revive this thread in May when we've crashed out of another Play-off campaign... :(

Ian Tarr

Whilst a thorough tonking has got to be favourite take heed that our erstwhile manager has developed something of a reputation for zapping records and exorcising demons.
"erstwhile"?

Now you've got me worried......

Pete Martin (CTID)

"erstwhile"?

Now you've got me worried......
Don't panic Ian...I use the word as an antonym....

Poultice

Please feel free to revive this thread in May when we've crashed out of another Play-off campaign... :(
Rely on its resurrection if you haven't won it by Christmas.

Exehausted

I have been reading Leedsunitedfanclub.com and I was amazed that the word Exeter was used only once! Everyone else was talking about the big match on Saturday but only Stavie 1969 said "bring on Exeter". Whitedancer said "confidence is high, bring on the first lambs of the season."
I didn't expect us to feature very much on the "BIG" clubs message boards, but I didn't think that we would go right under their radar! As Lister says, this must be the best time to play Leeds. Hopefully we can do what Histon did in the Conference a couple of years ago, when they seemed to be such a small club compared to a lot of us and nobody took them seriously until Xmas. I doubt we will be allowed that much grace but it would be nice!