• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One or League Two.....That is the question?

Number13

Whatever happened to Sparkes? At the start of the year he was supposed to be the next Messi. Does he even play in the under 23 games?
Valid question. Answers?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If ECFC was a business
If ECFC isn't a business then what is it???

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
If ECFC was a business it would be nothing more than a tradesperson that lands the odd big job that it doesn't expect to be given.. Instead of using the additional cash to invest in the business and extra staff, they would just put the money aside to pay off their mortgage early .

There has never been any ambition at City , we have often been on the receiving end of cashfalls that weren't anticipated , so IMHO , why have we not taken more of a gamble and regarding new payers and used the cash that we never had in the first place? As for comparing football clubs to consumers who over borrow and live their life on the never never..what a load of cack.. This is the world we live in. If we lived in such a perfect idealic world, none of us would own a house..
If I'm not mistaken, City is not able to be in debt due to the misdemeanors and consequences of Russell & Lewis. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
As Ant said earlier risk v reward very tricky. The answer is surely sensible risk asssement because as sure as God made little green apples I do not believe any organisation or indeed individual has got anywhere in life without at some time taking a calculated risk.

Unfortunately we have a manager who is ultra cautious and apparently totally averse to taking any risk. We need someone new at the helm who can provide a better balance. We have to least have some ambition to progress on the field because whether we would like to do able to do this or not, we cannot stand still and if we are not going forward then we will inevitably start to move backwards.

Some of us may still support the team no matter at what level we are playing. However success breeds success and the opposite also applies. Attendances will drop to a level where any aspirations of progress would become totally unrealistic and sorry to say this but the Club would die a slow death and I for one do not want to see that happen

Alistair20000

If I'm not mistaken, City is not able to be in debt due to the misdemeanors and consequences of Russell & Lewis. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
With bad financial management we would very likely be “in debt.” We were in a lot of trouble with the PFA loan bail out and with the Matt Grimes money arriving just in time to save our sorry arses.

IndoMike

With bad financial management we would very likely be “in debt.” We were in a lot of trouble with the PFA loan bail out and with the Matt Grimes money arriving just in time to save our sorry arses.
What i mean is that we are not allowed to be in debt or due to the past events suppliers et al would cease business with us if there was a whiff of debt. Right?

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Valid question. Answers?
A bad attitude apparently and getting too big for his boots. I've heard it off a few people.

Alistair20000

A bad attitude apparently and getting too big for his boots. I've heard it off a few people.
I heard people on the Big Bank the other night saying he had fallen out with The Cheese but I have no idea if that is right or not.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heard people on the Big Bank the other night saying he had fallen out with The Cheese but I have no idea if that is right or not.
Who knows. It's just strange that he's barely featured since the start of the season.

iscalad

Who knows. It's just strange that he's barely featured since the start of the season.
Scored for the U18s

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/under-18s-bournemouth-3-city-1/