• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Largely agree with this, although basket case or not Birmingham are too big a club to be down here for long. Sea Grecian’s pretty accurate for me too, and I might add Wycombe and Orient to his list too. I see no reason why we shouldn’t be finishing within a position or two of this season’s final placing.
To be fair, Brum seems to be getting their act together again financially. They just need to get the continuity between the board room and playing side.

Red Devon

Our big day out next season :ROFLMAO: I really hope the away game can be pencilled in for a Saturday 🤞

tom_ecfc

Our big day out next season :ROFLMAO: I really hope the away game can be pencilled in for a Saturday 🤞
It will no doubt replace our ’usual’ Tuesday Derby County fixture!

Would make more sense to have Tuesday night games as local/close as possible. Would benefit clubs with lack of current Tuesday night attendances.

denzel

Would make more sense to have Tuesday night games as local/close as possible. Would benefit clubs with lack of current Tuesday night attendances.
Problem is we don't have many local games left. I think after Rovers it will be Oxford, and then Brum if Oxford go up. A 300 mile round trip as a local game, how many other clubs can say that??

grecIAN Harris

Problem is we don't have many local games left. I think after Rovers it will be Oxford, and then Brum if Oxford go up. A 300 mile round trip as a local game, how many other clubs can say that??
Oxford won't go up. If they somehow manage to get past Posh they won't get past Bolton.

sign of the chimes

I'm pretty sure the fixture generation isn't completely automated which is why clubs tend to end up playing the same clubs in midweek and over the festive period season after season. I think there was a concerted effort to ensure the midweek games were ones where the difference between a midweek/weekend away following was relatively small.

Red Devon

It’s still not realistically doable for fans leaving work in Exeter at 5pm tho…Lucky to get home much before 1am too.

cannockred

Archie collins has morphed into Ethan ampadu. Doing lots of pointing and running around. All he needs is a yellow card and hes got the full set.

tom_ecfc

Archie collins has morphed into Ethan ampadu. Doing lots of pointing and running around. All he needs is a yellow card and hes got the full set.
And a relegation 😜

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Oxford 1-0 up.