• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it will take a major turn of events to see either Wednesday or Blackburn come down. It's either Brum or Scum.
Fingers crossed!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
After all the talk (including from me) about 50/51 points needed to ensure safety, in the end 45 would have been enough this season...

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
After all the talk (including from me) about 50/51 points needed to ensure safety, in the end 45 would have been enough this season...
On this basis, when were we actually (unknowingly) safe?

Fingers crossed!
Wouldn't mind Blackburn. Away fans pub is only a few minutes from the ground, it has plenty of accommodation and serves reasonable meals.

Bridgy 81

On this basis, when were we actually (unknowingly) safe?
I’ve taken up that challenge.
Our win at home to Burton on 16th March took us to 47 points.
So the subsequent 14 points accumulated against Charlton, Cheltenham, Stevenage, Orient, Port Vale and Northampton were just the icing and then the cherry on the cake.

Exehausted

Yes, but as the small print says for investment products, past performance is no guarantee of future performance, or words to that affect. I know it was a long time ago but Torquay went down on GD on 51 points from League One. For me the target, at the very least, has to be 52. That target also means you've had a reasonable season. I'm hoping for more than this season's 61 next time. If a prolonged bad run like this season's can be avoided, perhaps 70 could be possible.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Northampton’s retained list

I found this video animation of L1 league positions throughout the season interesting, especially if you pause it at match round 8.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nominations for L1 manager and player of the month

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
How come 13 points doesn't get you a nomination then