• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Odds on it being Birmingham if they come down :rolleyes:
I've cosmically ordered my Tuesday night games already. Burton, Mansfield and Northampton please

Bridgy 81

And Shrewsbury again. Nice little trip, but not on a Tuesday night in February
Well we were there on a Tuesday evening 12th March this year and had a tidy 0:3 win.

denzel

Well we were there on a Tuesday evening 12th March this year and had a tidy 0:3 win.
Yes and I'm sure you enjoyed it but it's much better on a Saturday!

Bridgy 81

Yes and I'm sure you enjoyed it but it's much better on a Saturday!
I’m not sure I would have.
Premier Inns are dearer at the weekends.

ryancooper327

Shrewsbury have released their retained list already! Not hanging around.

Tom Bayliss would be a great pick up to replace Harris, or to replace Cole if he goes. A good CM/AM who would create chances every game with incisive through balls into Cox/Alli.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Shrewsbury have released their retained list already! Not hanging around.

Tom Bayliss would be a great pick up to replace Harris, or to replace Cole if he goes. A good CM/AM who would create chances every game with incisive through balls into Cox/Alli.
The list ...

andrew p long

the geography of next season....

the five clubs already confirmed as joining League One - Rotherham, Huddersfield, Wrexham, Stockport and Mansfield. All 400+ mile round trips (?)

In exchange we've already lost Cheltenham and Portsmouth. Astonishingly even Derby and Port Vale, whom we've also lost, are closer to Exeter than any of those 5 new clubs

(though thank heaven the trips to Carlisle and Fleetwood have gone and Barrow have missed out on the play offs. Got to pray its Argyle or Birmingham who go down not Blackburn or Wednesday)

grecIAN Harris

the five clubs already confirmed as joining League One - Rotherham, Huddersfield, Wrexham, Stockport and Mansfield. All 400+ mile round trips (?)

In exchange we've already lost Cheltenham and Portsmouth. Astonishingly even Derby and Port Vale, whom we've also lost, are closer to Exeter than any of those 5 new clubs

(though thank heaven the trips to Carlisle and Fleetwood have gone and Barrow have missed out on the play offs. Got to pray its Argyle or Birmingham who go down not Blackburn or Wednesday)
I must admit I was a little dubious about Wrexham being further than Derby but you're right by 20 miles.

denzel

I must admit I was a little dubious about Wrexham being further than Derby but you're right by 20 miles.
Reminds me of the story of when Robbie Savage moved from Birmingham to Blackburn (when Blackburn had a bit more money) and answered his critics by saying that Blackburn was nearer to his home in Wrexham. Until it was pointed out that Birmingham is actually nearer..

denzel

I think it will take a major turn of events to see either Wednesday or Blackburn come down. It's either Brum or Scum.