• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 Released Players

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Emile heskey released by Bolton [tap]

charEXE

Matt Upson has been released by MK Dons. An ex-england player who's a centre back that could help develop our centre-backs maybe with a player-coach role? Worth a shot?

Red Monster

Matt Upson has been released by MK Dons. An ex-england player who's a centre back that could help develop our centre-backs maybe with a player-coach role? Worth a shot?
Don't be silly !

Number13

Another coach. Really?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
These are L1 released players but I'd like us to look at:

Cian Bolger and Luke Prosper who are both CBs released by Southend. Bolger was part of their promotion winning team.

Mickey Demetriou is a LB released by Shrewsbury. Shrews fans on the Football Forum seem to like him, mainly for his role in their promotion season from L2 a year ago.

If Ribs leaves I'd like us to take a look at Drew Talbot who has just left Chesterfield. He's 29 and was always impressed with him when he played against us.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A few being released by Orient. Not any of the ones that did well against us Brisbane Road though
http://www.leytonorient.com/news/article/os-retained-list-2015-16-3115302.aspx

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
If Ribs leaves I'd like us to take a look at Drew Talbot who has just left Chesterfield. He's 29 and was always impressed with him when he played against us.
Oh yes, definitely. I remember when we lost 4-0 there on the last day of the season and he was their standout player.

chunkymorrinmunter

Oh yes, definitely. I remember when we lost 4-0 there on the last day of the season and he was their standout player.
a lot of players play well against us,we let them as we are a fairly soft touch.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
a lot of players play well against us,we let them as we are a fairly soft touch.
He really stood out, though - you don't often notice right backs as they're pretty functional, but he was a demon (much like Ribs has been for us for the most part).

chunkymorrinmunter

Fair enough