• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stelios

Both hardly played for them in 2019.

Both would get absolutely rinsed in league 1.
According to my 1 minute of research they made 33 and 23 appearances each in all competitions. Not exactly 'hardly played'.

Jake Taylor played every single minute this season and was widely viewed as having a poor season playing in a position that doesn't suit him.

I'm not saying Tranmere are the model to follow but we need to mix things up a bit. Be a bit more 'street wise'. Need a few more characters on the pitch. Everything about Tranmere from the manager to the players made them seem like a bit of a 'throwback'. But in a good way. It's not rocket science. It's League 2 football. It's a horrible league and you need to be a bit horrible at times to get out of it.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to my 1 minute of research they made 33 and 23 appearances each in all competitions. Not exactly 'hardly played'.

Jake Taylor played every single minute this season and was widely viewed as having a poor season playing in a position that doesn't suit him.

I'm not saying Tranmere are the model to follow but we need to mix things up a bit. Be a bit more 'street wise'. Need a few more characters on the pitch. Everything about Tranmere from the manager to the players made them seem like a bit of a 'throwback'. But in a good way. It's not rocket science. It's League 2 football. It's a horrible league and you need to be a bit horrible at times to get out of it.
I said they hardly played in 2019.

According to the stats I have Buxton started just 11 games this season, McNulty started 27, the vast majority of which were during the first half of the season.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2598&teamTabs=stats

Tranmere have a handful of good league 2 players however they were heavily reliant on the goals Norwood scored.

Last edited:

Stelios

I said they hardly played in 2019.
Yes sorry didn't notice that.

The season is 46 (or 49) games long though :)

Agree about Norwood but you still have to get the best out of every player in a squad to get two promotions in 2 years.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone remember the Exeweb poster who was accused of being a Tranmere fan ??
Yep. The cheeky monkey once told me he would travel down for a City game by submarine. ;)

Alistair20000

I was a tad surprised to see some Tranny fans at Paddington last night and rather more surprised to see them getting off the train at St David’s.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So, if Bury goes to the wall, then Argyle don't get relegated and neither do Notts County. :(

Alistair20000

So, if Bury goes to the wall, then Argyle don't get relegated and neither do Notts County. :(
Bugger, that would be bad news.

Shall we have a bucket collection ?

Last edited:

andrew p long

Bugger, that would be bad news.

Shall we have a bucket collection ?
Good point, but I think we would need a ****** big bucket to pay Bolton’s debts.

Oldsmobile-88

No..Under the EFL rules,because the season has finished(after Play Offs) L1 would operate with 23 clubs next season with only 3 teams relegated,& I assume only one team relegated from L2.

The National League have different rules,hence Aldershot being reprieved from relegation if Gateshead gonto the wall.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Leyton Orient boss Justin Edinburgh rushed to hospital this morning having taken ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.