• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Delighted for Tranmere. Would've been ridiculous if Newport had gone up. Mid-table for most of the season and finished with a goal difference of 0.
Fair point re GD but would probably have spent season in the higher echelons of the league had they not had matches postponed due to their cup successes.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Delighted for Tranmere. Would've been ridiculous if Newport had gone up. Mid-table for most of the season and finished with a goal difference of 0.
The season is 46 games & they were in that position on merit.Pleased for Tranmere because they did finish the season with more points than Newport.

Banksy

Just shows what we could have done had we been able to keep Stockley.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There was an EFL Kids cup before kickoff. The final was competed for by an Oldham Athletic team and representing Exeter was Broadclyst Community Primary! The year 4 team lost 2-0 though.

DB9

There was an EFL Kids cup before kickoff. The final was competed for by an Oldham Athletic team and representing Exeter was Broadclyst Community Primary! The year 4 team lost 2-0 though.
Sounds just like our recent Wembley outings, Well done Tranmere anyway

Larry Wilkie

Newport would have been worthy winners given the season they have had but as we saw when we played Tranmere at SJP they are a strong uncompromising, no nonsense side and as others have said had they stayed down would have been serious challengers next season.

Newport staying down I wonder what their keeper Day’s position is. Unlikely I know but if he was available he would be a great signing.
Rumours up here were that he would be on his way if they don't go up, but that might suggest he is looking for a league one side?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Norwood is definitely leaving. Tranmere will probably go up and then struggle badly next season. They aren't a one player team but without Norwood they wont stay in L1.
Clubs who are promoted into League 1 rarely struggle and are even more rarely relegated. Just look at Wycombe who hardly set League 2 alight the previous season and don't have much cash to burn but ended up finishing as high as 17th in League 1. Palios will make sure Tranmere have the budget to be competitive and i would expect them to finish comfortably mid-table next season, with or without Norwood.

Stelios

Tranmere have two players who would get straight into my "Top Lardisest Players XI". McNulty their captain and Adam Buxton (not Joe Cornish's mate) who came off the bench with a few minutes to go and basically set up the winning cross. Both look like walking wardrobes but you try getting the ball off them or getting around them.

Maybe S&C isn't everything in League 2? Maybe I've been too harsh on Sweeney over the years too.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tranmere have two players who would get straight into my "Top Lardisest Players XI". McNulty their captain and Adam Buxton (not Joe Cornish's mate) who came off the bench with a few minutes to go and basically set up the winning cross. Both look like walking wardrobes but you try getting the ball off them or getting around them.

Maybe S&C isn't everything in League 2? Maybe I've been too harsh on Sweeney over the years too.
Both hardly played for them in 2019.

Both would get absolutely rinsed in league 1.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Without Norwood Tranmere are a 15th - 20th league 2 side.

Norwood will leave them and they will struggle in league 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.