• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Le Tour De France 2009

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did you see the arrogant official, who made the decision to say that no appeal would be allowed
A complete tw*t, reminded me of Wenger.

Having watched close to 3 million TdF finishes over 117 years I think I can say without fear of contraception, the boy wuz robbed.

To have reversed the finishing positions of him and the scab would have been debatable, disqualification was excessive in the extreme.

elginCity

I think Armstrong realises that its a bridge too far.
After watching his recovery yesterday, awesome head of steam catching up and then staying with Contador's group, we shouldn't write off the old boy just yet.

After watching his recovery yesterday, awesome head of steam catching up and then staying with Contador's group, we shouldn't write off the old boy just yet.
Yeah but he didnt stick with them. Dont think he was too happy with Contador after Contador shafted Kloden.

Gozzer

Another year goes by and the Tour de France baffles me.

How can they decide who the winner is before the last day? Turns out that everyone on the last day was given the same time as the winner - why? The last day should be the climax of the race, with everyone trying their hardest to win the thing, shirley? What is a time trial, anyway? Does everyone get timed separately or is there an advantage from gettying to the starting line first as it part of the race?

Please don't answer those questions, I will have forgotten it all over 11 months anyway and be just as confused in 2010. ;)

Poultice

So Cavendish won it then, whey hey !

crocks

Some wonderful footage of the climb to Mont Ventoux over the weekend. How none of the crowd got knocked over or none of the riders fell off, I really dont know.

One thing is for sure, the cameras did little justice in portraying how steep it is to climb up the mountain. I was on holiday there last year and drove up there in an underpowered Fiesta diesel with 2 heavy suitcases in the back. Suffice to say, it was an interesting experience going up, trying to dodge the cyclists and traffic coming the other way. At one point I was forced to stop and then do a very hairy hill start....gulp!

But all credit to those cyclists; tackling Mont Ventoux after already cycling for 140km, the strength and stamina required for that doesnt bear thinking about.