• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last time you saw someone famous....

stateless

i saw the comedian guy from 'outnumbered' on the tube on Saturday..

in 2007 i spotted Kanu at Vienna Airport, went over and shook his hand for all those goals v Spurs in his gooner days, he was heading to Macedonia for a friendly match with Nigeria, then getting off my flight in Sarajevo was Steve Buscemi, and on the way back Michael Moore and Juliette Binoche both at the airport. My mate lost his luggage from the flight and in the lost luggage queue was Sir Ian McKellen, whose wizard kit had gone adrift. Anyway they exchanged a few unpleasantries about Austrian Airlines.

Oh and a sighting at Schipol Airport of Ruud Gullit, probably 5 years back now.

stateless

and in the early 80's, the bloke from 'on the buses' who then did the McCain's oven chips advert.. saw him on the steps of Nottingham Railway station, near the taxi rank. yes! huge sideburns.. .

Last edited:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ok everyone, beat this.

I've just left the Sun Military Awards where I saw and spoke to some of Princes William and harry, kate Middleton, David cameron and wife, David beckham and sons, Jamie and Louise redknapp, frank Lampard, Christine thingy, Ian wright, Jeremy Clarkson, Gordon ramsey, Mark wright, Arg and Lydia, amy Childs, Ross kemp, jerry hall, Peter Andre, Ben fogel, Anton du beke, Brendan cole, Alisha thingy, james and ola jordan, David walliams, jimmy Carr, little mix, half of coronation street and several off emmerdale.

And more importantly a bunch of military types who I had some good chats with.

Bittners a Legend

Ok everyone, beat this.

I've just left the Sun Military Awards where I saw and spoke to some of Princes William and harry, kate Middleton, David cameron and wife, David beckham and sons, Jamie and Louise redknapp, frank Lampard, Christine thingy, Ian wright, Jeremy Clarkson, Gordon ramsey, Mark wright, Arg and Lydia, amy Childs, Ross kemp, jerry hall, Peter Andre, Ben fogel, Anton du beke, Brendan cole, Alisha thingy, james and ola jordan, David walliams, jimmy Carr, little mix, half of coronation street and several off emmerdale.

And more importantly a bunch of military types who I had some good chats with.
You have my full sympathy. That must have been a traumatic experience for you.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
You have my full sympathy. That must have been a traumatic experience for you.
It had its ups and downs.

Bittners a Legend

It had its ups and downs.
Ola Jordan being the up, realisation she had a husband being the down?

I genuinely imagine the military types would be more interesting than most of those :)

Sound like an interesting evening nonetheless!

Red the Paper

Banned
Ok everyone, beat this.

I've just watched the Sun Military Awards on TV where I saw and envied some of Princes William and harry, kate Middleton, David cameron and wife, David beckham and sons, Jamie and Louise redknapp, frank Lampard, Christine thingy, Ian wright, Jeremy Clarkson, Gordon ramsey, Mark wright, Arg and Lydia, amy Childs, Ross kemp, jerry hall, Peter Andre, Ben fogel, Anton du beke, Brendan cole, Alisha thingy, james and ola jordan, David walliams, jimmy Carr, little mix, half of coronation street and several off emmerdale.

And more importantly a bunch of military types who had some good uniforms.
Was it on last night?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was it on last night?
Taping was last night. I think it's being shown Wednesday maybe?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was it on last night?
And the uniforms were a mixed bag. Could never be in the navy as the dress uniform is hideous if you're not an officer. Big fan of raf blue though.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hermann, did you get to speak to any of them (famous people, not uniforms)? And if so, did they live up to your expectations? Or not?