• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kids football.

spick

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jack played for Thorverton Under11's (he's 8) in the Pairs cricket today.
He took two wickets, scored a few runs and thoroughly enjoyed himself in his 1st outing of the season.
Cracking little club is Thorverton .[y]

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mate, what an all rounder he is!

Another couple of pints for you perchance?

spick

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not today mate, was all over with before 11:30 and Topsham Rugby club's bar was still shut!!, not to my amusement I'll tell ye.

Poundstretcher

spick said:
Jack played for Thorverton Under11's (he's 8) in the Pairs cricket today.
He took two wickets, scored a few runs and thoroughly enjoyed himself in his 1st outing of the season.
Cracking little club is Thorverton .[y]
Thorverton U11 is a very, very strong setup. I'd go so far as saying I expect them to win the league in 2006 - top two absolute minimum. Not sure how the pairs contrast with the hard ball side.

Their sunday side however? 29-0 became 41 all out this afternoon. Ouch.

spick

Well-known Exeweb poster
Out St.Martins for Pinhoe Spartans under 8's 1st Tournament of the summer tomorrow (May 13th) any others going to be there, come say hello.

spick

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nobody??...Oh well, I'll say hello to myself when i get there!

Antony Moxey

It seems everyone had their presentation nights on Friday night - well Harry was no exception with 700-odd crammed into the Pavilions at Exmouth for Brixington Blues' big night.

All the teams were there from U8s up to U16s and each had their own slot in which the coach said a few words and invited the boys up one at a time to receive a trophy for being in the team. Then the coach announced the individual awards and Harry managed to secure the "Players' Player" award after four of his nine team mates voted for him.

So a good night all round and his father is still proudly telling anyone who'll listen all about it..!!

LammieLammieLammie

Antony Moxey said:
Harry managed to secure the "Players' Player" award after four of his nine team mates voted for him.
Well done Harry Moxey.

Wouldn't like to be related to the other five though.:) ;)

Antony Moxey

Hahahaha - he knows who they are (and it's training on the astroturf tomorrow night)...

spick

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any of you going to Colleton on Saturday for the Tournament there, I am with my boys Pinhoe Spartans under 8's, see you there?