• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kabongo Tshimanga

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sign him up !!

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Last night I watched Boreham Wood v the Turks and, although he didn't score, Kabongo Tshimanga seems to have something about him, tricky and a bit of pace. At 24 years old now he is, as yet, still showing no signs of moving to a higher level and I was just left with the feeling that he could really profit from having better players around him. Imo he deserves a chance.

Incidentally, I noticed that one Danny Woodards is now at Boreham Wood.
Danny has been at Boreham Wood for quite a while now. Must be getting on now but always came across as a physically fit lad.

STURTZ

Wsan't Kellow 24 when we first signed him?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Danny has been at Boreham Wood for quite a while now. Must be getting on now but always came across as a physically fit lad.
He hardly kicks a ball these days. He's registered as a player however his main job is coaching in their academy.

Rosencrantz

Tshimanga is 24 in July so I guess Boreham Wood could command a fee still if he is out of contract this summer. Might tempt a few clubs in who have a bit of spare cash and don't mind a possible tribunal.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tshimanga is 24 in July so I guess Boreham Wood could command a fee still if he is out of contract this summer. Might tempt a few clubs in who have a bit of spare cash and don't mind a possible tribunal.
I expect him to move on in the summer. I hear that a host of clubs were in for him in January, but Boreham Wood were being a little "unrealistic" on his value which is why he stayed put. Wouldn't be surprised he were a City target.

Rosencrantz

I expect him to move on in the summer. I hear that a host of clubs were in for him in January, but Boreham Wood were being a little "unrealistic" on his value which is why he stayed put. Wouldn't be surprised he were a City target.
It will all depend on the valuation and what other clubs are interested. If Boreham stay "unrealistic" in their valuation it's a question of how "unrealistic" they are and if anyone fancies committing to that in order to get the player. Of course the player, being out of contract, has the power to choose his next club regardless of what Boreham do but lower league clubs tend to be wary of going to tribunal as they can end up spending more than they bargain for and are unwilling to take that gamble.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
It will all depend on the valuation and what other clubs are interested. If Boreham stay "unrealistic" in their valuation it's a question of how "unrealistic" they are and if anyone fancies committing to that in order to get the player. Of course the player, being out of contract, has the power to choose his next club regardless of what Boreham do but lower league clubs tend to be wary of going to tribunal as they can end up spending more than they bargain for and are unwilling to take that gamble.
True, but in these Covid times I can't see loads of clubs wanting to take risks with transfer fees, particularly as there are likely to be loads of out of work footballers in the summer.

Rosencrantz

True, but in these Covid times I can't see loads of clubs wanting to take risks with transfer fees, particularly as there are likely to be loads of out of work footballers in the summer.
But if he is going to move in the summer, there will be a transfer fee or compensation if it goes to tribunal involved. So what would we all be willing to pay? Is that realistic? Will another club decide to pay more?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Buy him for 150-200k with add ons. Use some of the 1m money we get for Jay and still have cash to spare. Simples.