• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jonesy's save

NilesCrane

Paul Jones is a great shot-stopper which is why everyone gets excited about him. However, he doesn't command the box during crosses like he should do at this level and his kicking is schoolboy stuff.

IMO he's a good player but he's not a great player; and until he sorts out those two issues I doubt there'll be any big offers for him.

That said, I thank him for his two saves on Saturday that were just as important as Matt Taylor's and Ryan Harley's goals.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Any footage of this anywhere on the web? Wasnt included on Football League Show and Late Kick Off.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Should he have saved their goal ?

From where I was stood in the big bank I thought he should have, he got a big hand on it.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
His weak point is definitely commanding his area, but then if he got that down he would be off to the Prem... Nonetheless he wouldn't look out of place in the Championship. Great keeper.

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free

From where I was stood in the big bank I thought he should have, he got a big hand on it.

doesnt matter really, he should have probably yeah, but the game wouldnt have been the same..

I too saw him in timepiece on sat night and he was so drunk!

ralph

It was a pretty hard shot from not very far out and he did well to push it fairly high into the net. He did as well as he and many other keepers could have done. Somebody like van den Saar might have kept it out he's about 6' 6".

newburygrecian

I was right behind it. If anything his reactions were too good as he dived a bit past it and the ball went in off his wrist. Unlucky.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was right behind it. If anything his reactions were too good as he dived a bit past it and the ball went in off his wrist. Unlucky.
It was not really a reaction save though.

It was a shot from outside the box.

Red Monster

It was not really a reaction save though.

It was a shot from outside the box.
No it was a shot from inside the box, maybe you couldn't see it from Birkenhead !!!

newburygrecian

It was hammered at him and he was a bit off his line to close down the angle. It was a very good effort and he was unlucky not to turn it round the post. If his arm had been 1/2" higher it wouldn't have gone in.