• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jonesy's save

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
can't see a thread about it but sure it's been mentioned somewhere. Was the save Jonah made, just before our winning goal, the best save ever seen in football anywhere ever?

Bittners a Legend

Was going to start a thread on this myself ... in terms of the importance of the save; it is one of the most incredible saves I've seen live at a football match. As much as the Harley goal kept us up...without that save we would have been dead and buried. Let us hope we can keep hold of him this summer.

oldbutwise

he also kept us in it when tully had a squeeky bum passin the ball to him just after half time! did well what he could of done yesterday, can't wait to see him next season now!

geoffwp

I just had a text from a mate who says he may be on his way. Hope there isn't any truth in this as i do rate this keeper so much. I think he has done as much as, if not more than, any one single individual to help us survive.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Jonesy was immense yesterday, as he was in Hartlepool and Tranmere. His shot-stopping has been world class and now his kicking is pretty much perfect everytime.

Problem is, is that much like when Mackie suddenly found he could score, the last piece in the puzzle, he got snapped. We may find it hard to hold onto a keeper very much in form now, although it would be harder to keep him had we gone down

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sturtz is, of course, correct.

Jonesy hasn't entered into contract discussions yet, to the best of my knowledge. I don't think he's desperate to leave.

Spoke to Jonah Last night in timpiece and he said he was leaving :S he was drunk at the time ( walking around with a flower in his hair) so I dunno whether this is true or not.

Also Logan has just signed a new 1 year contract ;)[tap]

mdg

brilliant save- kept us in the game

budegrecian

In answer to the question, apologies for mis quoting an old Brian Clough saying: May not have been the best save ever, but it's in the top one.
It would be a huge blow to lose Jonah now.

heathy1

Keepers can come and go, to be honest i'd be more worried if Matty Taylor was to go and although Jonesy's save was superb im sure he would have liked to have done better with Huddersfields goal