• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jon Challinor Released

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
JC played 45 minutes for Kettering tonight in their 2-1 defeat at Grimsby
Challs is well into "more clubs than Tiger Woods" territory.
Never settled after leaving us it seems. Shame - fond memories.

I always liked Challinor And i think he made a Huge mistake leaving us as we offered him a big deal to stay.

Im Sure if you asked him he would say leaving us was his BIG mistake!
Wasn't it dictated by his missus? Seem to remember a rumour that she wanted to follow a career 'up Lundin' and that had a bearing on his decision to move.

eurogrecian

I always liked Challinor And i think he made a Huge mistake leaving us as we offered him a big deal to stay.

Im Sure if you asked him he would say leaving us was his BIG mistake!
I liked him as well. Good player on his day.
Just seemed sometimes that, like a few others, he thought that he was bigger than the Club and worth much more.
Shame.

I remember going to Aldershot with everyone noisily singing "We've got John Challinor" at the 'Shots fans stood next to us on the terrace under that low roof, as of course we'd signed him from them. At the time I rated him, and from the singing around me so did most others. Bit sad when a career tails off like that but it seems some just can't make the step up.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Always liked him , talented non league footballer.

never made the grade in the league.

Bit of a journeyman now.