• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jon Challinor Released

Larry Wilkie

I know he divided opinion when he was here, and this may not be of interest to many, but JC has just been released by Newport County (and no I'm not even thinking about a should we shouldn't we question, this is for info only).

He doesn't seem to have set the world alight elsewhere, unless I've missed something, so I guess we were right to let him go when we did?

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/football/newportcounty/8763846.One_more_in__three_out_for_County/

4ORDY

He seems to be getting the boot every week, yes we made the right decision without a doubt !!! Maybe argyle could tempt him ?

Last edited:

Larry Wilkie

He only signed in October. Not sure how many appearances he made, but not looking good for him at the moment. I would have thought he could still do a good job at that level, but with County pushing for promotion, he's obviously not the answer for them. They've already lined up four new signings for the transfer window so making room in the squad and JC obviously surplus to requirements.

Langer

I liked JC mind u i also liked Lee Elam so shows what i know!

mwallace

Oh. Didn't even know he went there.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Had real talent but never fulfilled his potential, Always liked seeing him play, Gord knows what's next for him, Further down the football pyramid i guess

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
perhaps Tiverton Town should make a move?..

Larry Wilkie

Guess like most players who have flattered to deceive over the years, there will be good things you remember about him, and memory fades the poor games, or times when he didn't appear that interested (seem to remember those things being said about RH before though).

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I always liked Challinor And i think he made a Huge mistake leaving us as we offered him a big deal to stay.

Im Sure if you asked him he would say leaving us was his BIG mistake!

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
He doesn't seem to have set the world alight elsewhere, unless I've missed something, so I guess we were right to let him go when we did?
It's an odd one. As you say since leaving us he's pretty much been a flop everywhere but I think if he had stayed he would have continued to deliver the goods. Seems that turning our offer down ruined his career.