• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joining the boycott thread

Terryhall

Doh ! Think you may have just alerted the powers that be to order the stewards to step up their searches !

Perhaps we can satisfy a lot of peoples concerns, by turning up a SJP in large numbers but standing just outside on public land either behind the away end, or near the turnstiles in Stadium Way and whenever its quiet inside, loudly chanting We want Tisdale out etc, banners and placards to that effect would be a bonus !
That would demonstrate clearly to the corridors of power, The depth of feeling and lost revenue, whilst avoid breaching ground regulations, and any football banning orders. After if we succeed in our aims, I am sure that no wants to forced to wait years to witness the new brand of exciting footie under a new manager !

I will now invite comments, and wait eagerly , the incoming flak from the Tinters.
I'd be fairly sure that without some form of council authorisation, any gathering for a protest on public land would be subject to be broken up by the police should a member of the public report it to them.

dontpassback

What about renting one of them scaffold tower things and sticking it up in the garden of one the houses in st james road,with a banner on it.you would obviously need pernission from the owner,but as its on private property the club may not like it,but coulndt do anything.it may even be seen on the media,just a thought.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
...a protest on public land would be subject to be broken up by the police...
Good. More publicity.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
What about renting one of them scaffold tower things and sticking it up in the garden of one the houses in st james road,with a banner on it.you would obviously need pernission from the owner,but as its on private property the club may not like it,but coulndt do anything.it may even be seen on the media,just a thought.
Far easier to just unfurl a banner from the blue bridge over the M5 as you enter Exeter. You could have a "warm" welcome to Exeter type thing on the way in, and an equally "warm" message for when Mr Tisdale leaves on the other side.
Perhaps a bit childish but as he has never seen fit to uproot and move to Exeter, it may (although I doubt it), give him pause for thought.

muppetdodger

Are you sure about that? I thought for emergency counting reasons that actual attendee's had to be declared.
Yes surely, when a season ticket holder gives in their voucher they are added to the attendance. They wouldn't be added to the attendance if they decided to stay at home.

Colesman Ballz

In an emergency it's probably far quicker to use the totals from the turnstile counters, rather than start counting out ticket stubs.

I must admit though I was very surprised when I first heard of the practice of counting of all season tickets regardless. But of course it helps paint a far rosier picture.

In an emergency it's probably far quicker to use the totals from the turnstile counters, rather than start counting out ticket stubs.

I must admit though I was very surprised when I first heard of the practice of counting of all season tickets regardless. But of course it helps paint a far rosier picture.
Correct ! very convenient of course - but standard practice at ECFC - probably includes guests in Directors box - so all of Morrish's young disciples he gives free seats too

Colesman Ballz

Correct ! very convenient of course - but standard practice at ECFC - probably includes guests in Directors box - so all of Morrish's young disciples he gives free seats too
Back in 2003, when I came up with the idea of the Trust Director of the Day scheme in recognition of the Fans ownership, and to give every Trust member a chance to experience the Boardroom , I was told that pressure on numbers ,we could be allocated just two seats. All Directors were allocated just two places each as well. Last season a recipient was so thrilled to receive the invitation that he posted the Boardroom List for the match bearing his name on Facebook. If I recollect correctly that showed no fewer than six guests of Mr Morrish ! If pressure on numbers no longer exists, even just on odd occassions perhaps it would better to increase the Trust allocation, rather than the spare space being used by individuals, for example wishing to further their egos, or heaven forbid, even for the benefit of their outside business interests. That is not what fan ownership is supposed to be about.

Fareham Grecian

If this, and the post below are true this is potentially quite serious. People have thrown around allegations about people lining their own pockets with no substantive evidence but this might be a small example of something that can be substantiated. We need evidence people!

Rog H K

Why Torquay? If I were to boycott, which I wont be, I would watch Sean Devines Heavitree United.