• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joining the boycott thread

If people cant see the need for change, numbers talk, I for one have joined the boycott for home games. Some people are supporting Torquay for the day coming up. Show your support for grass roots football. Pledge to boycott below.
I have taken to our local South west peninsula league team:
1. Quite a few ex Grecians in the team
2. Surprisingly good quality of football
3. £5 to get in
4. Programme free
5. Can have a pint behind the goal
6. Good youth set up
7. Plays a strong part in local community
8. Manager has an idea how attacking football might be played
9. Doesn't get paid £150,000
10. Chairman has a Ford not a Bentley

Spot the difference?!

Devon_Lad

If there was to be a boycott what would the target attendance v Notts County be? Just out of curiosity.

An organised large scale boycott with those remaining in the stands still making their feelings known about Tisdale (although the reaction I get is that there are a very high percentage that want Tisdale to remain..) could be an option, 0 chance of it happening though.

Isn't boycotting just what people who can't be bothered to act upon what they believe in do?

I still think it would be better to turn up and have a mass walkout at a pre-agreed time. Waste of money I know but would have more impact (still zero % effective though unfortunately).

All Season Ticket holders would still be counted as attending even if they stay away for a start

TotnesGrecian

Everyone got as usual and make Tisdale out banners, stop the game at every opportunity to be noticed, Chant Tisdale out as old as possible.

Won't be heard doing a boycott..

Unthinkable now, too. Tivvy are about half a dozen leagues below us.
That's what Hereford thought once

Thames Valley Red

All Season Ticket holders would still be counted as attending even if they stay away for a start
Tennis balls on the pitch, can someone get loads smuggled in,

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tennis balls on the pitch, can someone get loads smuggled in,
Doh ! Think you may have just alerted the powers that be to order the stewards to step up their searches !

Perhaps we can satisfy a lot of peoples concerns, by turning up a SJP in large numbers but standing just outside on public land either behind the away end, or near the turnstiles in Stadium Way and whenever its quiet inside, loudly chanting We want Tisdale out etc, banners and placards to that effect would be a bonus !
That would demonstrate clearly to the corridors of power, The depth of feeling and lost revenue, whilst avoid breaching ground regulations, and any football banning orders. After if we succeed in our aims, I am sure that no wants to forced to wait years to witness the new brand of exciting footie under a new manager !

I will now invite comments, and wait eagerly , the incoming flak from the Tinters.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
AFTER 60 YRS SUPPORT COUNT ME IN
Although it hurts Will not be there until something changes for the good.
Maybe you should change your user name to Cityirregular! :D

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are you sure about that? I thought for emergency counting reasons that actual attendee's had to be declared.