• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Join the trust....

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Great work Martin. On the subject of asking people to up their subs, it is a very tricky minefield. Some will happily go for the idea, some might even cancel subscription as they feel they are being harangued. I know that some £2 a month charities (if not all) continuously send requests to donators asking them to increase. Some people I know had stopped donating out of principle and feeling as if they were never being appreciated.

I do like the idea of a drive though, with the extra money being ringposted for a certain aspect of fundraising like playing budget. That should encourage a lot of people to up their standing orders
David,

I know what you mean.

I give to a number of charities by DD, most well above the minimum they ask for, but one called me the other month (to which I give £10 by DD) to ask if I could up it to £15 per month.

Now, I've got no problem with them asking, but I already pay 5 times the amount they initially ask for; the speel (is that the correct spelling?) she gave me wasn't required (I upped my payment anyway) and, to be honest, I feel for anyone who has to make those kind of calls or anyone who has to cold-call people for donations - they're a nightmare.

I already pay the trust £10 per month and have done for some time; I want to make a one-off payment of £15, but can't find out how I do it on any thread - Mr Exeweb said he would tell everyone how to do it the weekend before last, but I can't find it. I know he's probably very busy, but can someone tell me how I can donate a one-off payment please?

Cheers,

H

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd assume just hand over a cheque to one of the Trustees? It's what I did when I joined.

ExeWrx

David,

I already pay the trust £10 per month and have done for some time; I want to make a one-off payment of £15, but can't find out how I do it on any thread - Mr Exeweb said he would tell everyone how to do it the weekend before last, but I can't find it. I know he's probably very busy, but can someone tell me how I can donate a one-off payment please?

Cheers,

H
If you bank online or have access online? you can go into your payments/DD or SO and change your payments, for just a month if you wish. I have been paying a tenner since the trust was formed and decided to up this to fifteen this very month. However, if you do not have access to online banking I haven't an F'in clue!

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mine has more than doubled for this season [y]

Red the Paper

Banned
As this is my remit, I will add my 2 pence worth.
I was previously in the "not sure" camp with respect to asking current members to up their subs. I would however now say that I am of the opinion there may be some mileage to this. I would however like to think that we could use any such money for a specific project at ECFC (such as the playing budget). Will discuss this at the next opportunity as I think it is something that needs addressing.

We have clearly moved forward in recent times. I now have far better data to work with, that allows me to do renewal reminders (which is reiping rewards). I look to process all applications within a week (granted I have fell behind this month because of Wembley etc).

Things are looking good for the Trust and I agree with the point raised about the first priority being the acquisition of NEW members. We currently have 2453 members as of Friday. I am hoping that as from mnext Friday we may have proken our key strategic aim of 2500 members.

Remember if you would like to join the Trust please click here
Superb work Martin. I have criticised the inability to join on line in the past and it appears this has now been sorted. Well done.

Will be upping my subs and adding 2 new members now.

Herschel

If you bank online or have access online? you can go into your payments/DD or SO and change your payments, for just a month if you wish. I have been paying a tenner since the trust was formed and decided to up this to fifteen this very month. However, if you do not have access to online banking I haven't an F'in clue!
Great idea, hadn't thought of that.

Am going to do it now, upped to £25 for a month. :)

Cheers Exe!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The best thing to do if you would like to make a donation to the Trust would be to click HERE

scholsey

went into the club shop today and picked up my form for the trust!
will hand it in on wednesday when im next in town!!
lets get more signing up!
COME ON YOU REDS!!!

Herschel

The best thing to do if you would like to make a donation to the Trust would be to click HERE
Sorry, where?

;)

Just done it.

:)

AndyB

Superb work Martin. I have criticised the inability to join on line in the past and it appears this has now been sorted. Well done.

Will be upping my subs and adding 2 new members now.
RtP

You have always been able to join the Trust online (via PayPal).