• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
We know where that 1m will be going then…just employed 4 new directors, how about getting 4 new players!
Read the article.

The new directors, who are all unpaid.

Read the darned article.
Yeah i'm sure there all unpaid, why the hell would they do that?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's under contact, you don't know that anyway. If Tagg had told him we were strongly going for League 1...why the hell would he want to go to Peterborough or Stockport! he's playing with his mates, hes only 21 im sure he wasnt desperate to leave...however the club is desperate to sell.
In a competitive field, this might well be your most nonsensical post yet. Peterborough are in the Championship and could, conceivably, be in the Premier League next year. Joel will be playing at stadiums such as the Britannia, the City Ground, and the Hawthorns in front of crowds of 20-30,000 and earning circa 10k a week. Are you seriously suggesting he'd forgo all that for the opportunity to continue playing with his mates?!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whats funny is if it was Key I would agree with the complaints being levelled. But it isn’t - we were stuck for options with this one - accepting an offer for a player who has made clear he wants to go isn’t a sign of a lack of ambition. Those signs are elsewhere but not in this case.

Yeah i'm sure there all unpaid, why the hell would they do that?
Expenses Lots and lots of Expenses. They won't be doing this for the love of it believe me

In a competitive field, this might well be your most nonsensical post yet. Peterborough are in the Championship and could, conceivably, be in the Premier League next year. Joel will be playing at stadiums such as the Britannia, the City Ground, and the Hawthorns in front of crowds of 20-30,000 and earning circa 10k a week. Are you seriously suggesting he'd forgo all that for the opportunity to continue playing with his mates?!
Huge Club Peterborough egg! Didn't Tom Nichols join them at a similar age, pretty sure he's back in League 2 now bagging them in for Crawley ;)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only way that this can be done is by tying youngster to very long term contacts. They are unlikely to want this and we can't afford or risk this. So we're in a continual loop of selling our assets, frittering our profits away and trying to find the next star.

Expenses Lots and lots of Expenses. They won't be doing this for the love of it believe me
Look at the calibre of the organisations these people are working for. If you think they're getting involved at SJP for a few expenses you're living in cloud-cuckoo land!

jimbo-gould

He's under contact, you don't know that anyway. If Tagg had told him we were strongly going for League 1...why the hell would he want to go to Peterborough or Stockport! he's playing with his mates, hes only 21 im sure he wasnt desperate to leave...however the club is desperate to sell.
This is purely seeing things from what you think you’d do. He’s clearly done well at League 2 and has desires to play higher up. Saying ’stay so we can get to the next level’ is hardly going to cut it considering that next level isn’t even the one he has the option of going to right now. He will obviously be getting a far better wage to what he is on here too. We haven’t done well with tribunals in the past, so this is our only option to sell-out a figure we would be happy with.

Bittners a Legend

I think Randell Williams performances last season show exactly why selling Joel Randall is the right move once we got the price we wanted. It is disappointing for us but I would be surprised if Matt Taylor does not make at least two exciting signings before the end of August as a consequence.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
The money from Joel's sale will just about pay the salary of the guy operating the new super duper big screen from the 7th September.

And Taggy's new jag.

And Andy Gillard's new glasses.

If there is anything left over N le M gets a new blootoof thingy.

*just sayin*