• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely.

Look at Watkins. Head down, lots of hard graft and always be keen to learn. Maybe, just maybe then you can make it in the pro game.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Attitude is a big thing, our youngsters seem to be good in that aspect.

eurogrecian

Attitude is a big thing, our youngsters seem to be good in that aspect.
Spot on. As well as developing good footballers, our academy seems to be producing youngsters with great character. I remember having a chat with Matt Grimes when he broke into the first team and I was really struck by how level-headed he was for such a young age.
Long may it continue!

scottus86

3 goals in 5 league games. You can say he isn't having an effect on the game or that he is too lightweight all you like, but he is getting in the right place and right time often enough at the moment.

What a start he has made to his professional career and what an exciting prospect he is.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perversely, I think the lack of crowds at the moment could be helping the new young players.
Less tension in case a shot or pass goes wrong.
No overthinking if the crowd are cheering you on.

andrew p long

and in the week when Watkins scored a perfect hat trick against the Champions, perhaps worth recording that Randall has scored a 'perfect' first three goals - header, left foot, right foot. MT said near the start of the season that Joel needed 'a bit more confidence in front of goal' . Seems to be doing OK(!).

The point about continuous improvement is right though; Joel can appear a little lightweight, not entirely sure of his role etc. He needs to keep improving , and to succeed he must have a strong side to his defensive game. The higher he goes the more important this will be.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The great thing about Randall is that he impacts games, he isn't always in games for long periods however he clearly has a knack of doing something that really matters.

Red Devon

Playing superbly well and a real threat in the final third of the pitch...I wouldn’t want to see him shackled with defensive duties at this moment in time.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Playing superbly well and a real threat in the final third of the pitch...I wouldn’t want to see him shackled with defensive duties at this moment in time.
I think the decision to move from last season’s default formation of three at the back to four at the back has been a masterstroke so far and allowed Key and Randall to absolutely flourish

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member