• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, there are two interpretations, and ours are different.
I know they are. Which is precisely why I explained mine as AL said he was confused.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
My take on it is more in line with that of Mr Ballz i.e. if there's a 20% sell-on it's usually 20% of any profit, so if they sold him for £1 million we'd get 20% of £250k.

Spoonz Red E

.............. flipping edit function

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Excuse me if I am being thick Spoonz but Shirley the standard 20% sell on fee equals 20% of everything over the fee paid a player. So if we take a fee of £750k and the player is subsequently sold for £850k it would amount to £20k but if the sell on fee was £3,750,000 it would be £600,000 ? (boffin)

Or as it is late at night have I just been whooshed ?
I was under a different impression based on what I thought were Ollie & Ethan's arrangement.
I wouldn't be surprised as I am wrong as I'm only going on what's previously been posted by some on this site.

There's an ambiguity at play here.
Does 20% of ongoing sale value less what was already paid to us mean ...
Amount the player is sold for times percentage and then deduct what has already been paid over
or
The profit made on sell on (i.e the amount sold for less what has already been paid over) times the percentage.

I was assuming the first interpretation.
I could well be wrong.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was under a different impression based on what I thought were Ollie & Ethan's arrangement.
I wouldn't be surprised as I am wrong as I'm only going on what's previously been posted by some on this site.

There's an ambiguity at play here.
Does 20% of ongoing sale value less what was already paid to us mean ...
Amount the player is sold for times percentage and then deduct what has already been paid over
or
The profit made on sell on (i.e the amount sold for less what has already been paid over) times the percentage.

I was assuming the first interpretation.
I could well be wrong.
I think percentage on the profit (i.e. the latter) is standard. Though, in theory, I guess it's whatever the parties agree.

ExeterCityLad

It's 20% of the profit. It's always been that and always will be that - But seriously, what's with all this talk?! We don't have any sell on clauses with Stockley!

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Signs for Charlton

andrew p long

guess what the fee is?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you reckon he did it to be near to his mate Jakey?

simcity

guess what the fee is?
Rumoured to be £300-400k...