• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't you seem to be able to get clauses added on to anything now in football
But the ball was in Stockley's court, not the club's

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
But the ball was in Stockley's court, not the club's
The only way there's a % resale clause is if that was negotiated as part of the release clause with Stockley, when he signed back in the day. I find that unlikely, but no idea, to be honest, whether this type of thing happens... I assume release clauses tend to just be a number, rather than a complex description of a hypothetical deal.

That said, theoretically down the line, how much do people imagine Stockley's going to go for if he does well at PNE? He's 25 now... if he does well at PNE, I'm guessing he'll be a minimum of 27 by the time a bigger club would be swooping.

the sell-on would only ever be on the profit (e.g. a percentage of the transfer fee - 750,000).

If he went for £2M and we had a 20% sell on (which I'd strongly doub), that'd be 20% of £1.25M... £250,000... what we get each time Ampadu clocks up 10 appearances.

Can anyone see Stockley bringing in much more than £2M for Preston?

In summary, I very much doubt we've got anything to gain financially from Stockley being sold by PNE... and if we have, I'd still doubt very strongly that we'd make much money out of it. If it turns out we actually do have a sell-on clause and he goes for £10M... well then I'll look an idiot, won't I. I suspect we've got more chance of making more money out of Jordan Storey.

ExeterCityLad

No sell on clause so it doesn't matter.

If he performs as he has done in his last two matches, consistently, like we knows he capable of - He will go for 8-10m when he's 27.

100milesaway

Could go for £10m in the summer

IndoMike

The only way there's a % resale clause is if that was negotiated as part of the release clause with Stockley, when he signed back in the day. I find that unlikely, but no idea, to be honest, whether this type of thing happens... I assume release clauses tend to just be a number, rather than a complex description of a hypothetical deal.

That said, theoretically down the line, how much do people imagine Stockley's going to go for if he does well at PNE? He's 25 now... if he does well at PNE, I'm guessing he'll be a minimum of 27 by the time a bigger club would be swooping.

the sell-on would only ever be on the profit (e.g. a percentage of the transfer fee - 750,000).

If he went for £2M and we had a 20% sell on (which I'd strongly doub), that'd be 20% of £1.25M... £250,000... what we get each time Ampadu clocks up 10 appearances.

Can anyone see Stockley bringing in much more than £2M for Preston?

In summary, I very much doubt we've got anything to gain financially from Stockley being sold by PNE... and if we have, I'd still doubt very strongly that we'd make much money out of it. If it turns out we actually do have a sell-on clause and he goes for £10M... well then I'll look an idiot, won't I. I suspect we've got more chance of making more money out of Jordan Storey.
We concur. Stockley's agent wouldn't have wanted a sell-on clause when he signed, since no benefit at all for Stockley. And if City thought his maximum transfer fee onwards was 750k then they wouldn't push for a sell-on fee. From the purely financial aspect of the transfer we made a good profit, but we'll never know about the long-term financial balance if we don't get promoted.

Spoonz Red E

I don't know if there was one or not but a sell on cause wouldn't necessarily have been a hindrance. It's usually a percentage less monies already paid. It only comes into effect if the buying club makes a profit on the player. For instance, say it was 20%. PNE have already paid £750k so a sell on would only trigger once they'd made more than 5 times that. PNE would still clear £3m profit before starting to pay out.

IndoMike

I don't know if there was one or not but a sell on cause wouldn't necessarily have been a hindrance. It's usually a percentage less monies already paid. It only comes into effect if the buying club makes a profit on the player. For instance, say it was 20%. PNE have already paid £750k so a sell on would only trigger once they'd made more than 5 times that. PNE would still clear £3m profit before starting to pay out.
I must be thick, Spoonz : I don't get your point/maths at all.
PS. Just woken up which might be the cause of my confusion.

Alistair20000

I read Spoonz as saying the math is not a simple:

PNE sale proceeds say £3,750,000 less paid to ECFC £750,000 = £3,000,000 X 20% = £600,000 payable to ECFC

Instead it is

PNE sale proceeds say £3,750,00o x 20% = £750,000 less already paid to ECFC £750,000 = NIL ;(

Seems very unfair to me and not 20% of PNE's true profit but if that is the formula agreed so be it.

Alistair20000

I read Spoonz as saying the math is not a simple:

PNE sale proceeds say £3,750,000 less paid to ECFC £750,000 = £3,000,000 X 20% = £600,000 payable to ECFC

Instead it is

PNE sale proceeds say £3,750,000 x 20% = £750,000 less already paid to ECFC £750,000 = NIL ;(

Seems very unfair to me and not 20% of PNE's true profit but if that is the formula agreed so be it.

Alistair20000

Posted twice as a result of the feckin' useless edit facility. :mad: