• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Except if they offer silly money (such as 2m) then we will take it. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Possibly, but even if an approach has been made the player may have some say in this. Not all of them just go where they are told when their employers want to make money. He and his family may want to be in Devon - IIRC he said last year that this was part of his reason for signing for us.

Dubai Grecian

Out of curiosity what figure would people actually consider selling him for? 500k? 750k?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
800k - 1m would be hard to resist.
If be gutted with 800k but 1m, I would probably be ok with.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Possibly, but even if an approach has been made the player may have some say in this. Not all of them just go where they are told when their employers want to make money. He and his family may want to be in Devon - IIRC he said last year that this was part of his reason for signing for us.
Sure he likes there area, but if it involves a 200% salary increase, I expect he could get used to the cotswolds as well.

rifraf

Or anywhere in and around Poole where he has strong ties and his parents still live. He was in the queue in front of me at Tesco's Superstore the day after he scored in the 3-1 away Yeovil defeat and regularly frequents local hostelries with parents, wife and daughter.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Out of curiosity what figure would people actually consider selling him for? 500k? 750k?
Hopefully nobody connected with the club would countenance such an idea. Our manager is taking his first steps in what could be a long and a potentially successful career in club management. Therefore it would be a shocking interference for someone to lean over his shoulder and start scratching names out from his preliminary team sheet before a ball has been kicked. One hope that such behaviour never happens.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully nobody connected with the club would countenance such an idea. Our manager is taking his first steps in what could be a long and a potentially successful career in club management. Therefore it would be a shocking interference for someone to lean over his shoulder and start scratching names out from his preliminary team sheet before a ball has been kicked. One hope that such behaviour never happens.
Part of the job description of a league 2 manager (at any club) is to handle losing the best players whenever bigger clubs get the chequebook out. If he's not prepared for that, he's in the wrong job.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Part of the job description of a league 2 manager (at any club) is to handle losing the best players whenever bigger clubs get the chequebook out. If he's not prepared for that, he's in the wrong job.
I don't pretend to have the slightest idea about City's current financial status other than what I read in these pages, Edwin. I would have hoped that after all the talk about monies made through transfers that we were reasonably placed to be able to turn down £500k for a striker that might possibly take us out of this division. This is Taylor's big break and I would like to see him given the sufficient backing to be able to make a decent fist of it. Finishing higher that Tisdale would be sooo sweet.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
800k - 1m would be hard to resist.
If be gutted with 800k but 1m, I would probably be ok with.
Cloud cuckoo land, he's an excellent league 2 striker however I cannot see him signing for a championship club and very few league 1 clubs would be offering that kind of money.

If we do get offers I imagine they will be between 300k - 500k.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not saying we sell him for any figure... but if we're offered enough, then he goes. What he could do for us on the pitch is in the equation. The idea of him being the difference between going up and not is setting up a false premise. Could use that justification/logic for buying players that we clearly can't afford as well. Surely it's worth spending 500K on whatever striker, if that money gets us up. It doesn't get us up though... same logic applies to selling players... if he does well and stays, eventually he leaves for nothing.