• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

tonykellowfan

I would love to see Reid's goals and win % for us for all of the games he played last season and this season without Stockley.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're wrong again. He scored 7 goals in the first 7 league games. Then Stockley came onto the scene and it all changed. The point is he was doing well until Stockley arrived. Please check your facts first.
Mike, it is perfectly correct that RR scored 7 goals in the first 7 league games, but three of those were after Stockley arrived (FGR and Barnet, when he came on as a sub.)!

In any case, I was not commenting on the period before Stockley arrived, just correcting the stats afterwards. The facts post 2 Sept are as I posted. It is you who are wrong.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mike, it is perfectly correct that RR scored 7 goals in the first 7 league games, but three of those were after Stockley arrived (FGR and Barnet, when he came on as a sub.)!

In any case, I was not commenting on the period before Stockley arrived, just correcting the stats afterwards. The facts post 2 Sept are as I posted. It is you who are wrong.
The point I am making is not wrong, which is that there was a change in Reid's scoring potential after Stockley arrived, specifically when he started to play in tandem with Stockley and then when he was benched. This is not in any way a criticism of Stockley, who has done very well in the lone striker role, and it also could be argued that Reid should have tried harder to adapt (maybe a bit of ego damage?). As has been mentioned by other posters, relying on one striker to get the goals is a risky business: lets hope and pray he doesn't get injured or that Brunt can make a dramatic and successful return/

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The point I am making is not wrong, which is that there was a change in Reid's scoring potential after Stockley arrived, specifically when he started to play in tandem with Stockley and then when he was benched. This is not in any way a criticism of Stockley, who has done very well in the lone striker role, and it also could be argued that Reid should have tried harder to adapt (maybe a bit of ego damage?). As has been mentioned by other posters, relying on one striker to get the goals is a risky business: lets hope and pray he doesn't get injured or that Brunt can make a dramatic and successful return/
I dont necessarily disagree with your analysis, but its a different issue from the statistics I reported. Facts are facts, inference is inference, opinions are opinions.

IndoMike

I dont necessarily disagree with your analysis, but its a different issue from the statistics I reported. Facts are facts, inference is inference, opinions are opinions.
My point is correct but I agree it runs parallel to your stats and does not coincide with them.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Scored with 7 headers this season, 6th highest in all 4 divisions. It's fair to say I'm always surprised how much space defenders give him at corners!

STURTZ

....and think what he might do with wingers to supply him.

Would love to have seen a partnership with him and Wheeler.

Banksy

One thing is for sure , this man's form is our main hope in the playoffs , if he dries up so do we.Talk about a one man band up front...

STURTZ

Still young, with two years on his contract and a great season behind him I would imagine he'd be worth a decent wedge were we to sell.

Rog H K

Wasn't in team or on bench yesterday. Did Tis give him day off for a rest and prevent injury? Hope so.