• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good business all round. Picked him up for free, got him scoring goals and shipped him out for a wedge.

Got to say though that it would have been better if he and Stockley could have formed one of those deadly strike partnerships but hey ho.

tonykellowfan

60k isn't a wedge

What happens if Stockley gets injured? Would we like to have Reid as back up?

ExeterCityLad

60k isn't a wedge

Conveniently forgetting a prolific Robbie Simpson?

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
60k isn't a wedge

But a very unhappy Reid I would guess who wouldn't play with the heart he did when he started the season.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
60k isn't a wedge

£60k is a guess. I used "wedge" as an unspecified amount.

Colesman Ballz

Wasn't Reid's contract up at the end of the season? Also, he wasn't getting games, and was reportedly on high wages - not a strong negotiating position for us to start from.
Can't see that FGR's position was necessarily that strong either. You have a Chairman who had heavily bank rolled a club over a number of seasons to achieve his dream of getting of getting into the Football League, only to face the real prospect of relegation back down to the Conference. He was prepared to spend big in the window to avert that happening.

Last edited:

Saint James

This season Reid became more of the main man and duly scored well until he was rewarded with a place on the bench. Stockley is a good goalscorer at Div 2 level but perhaps Reid would have scored even more than Stockley if he had been in the first team throughout this season. Let me repeat, I'm not knocking Stockley at all, but we have to be fair to Reid, who in my opinion did nothing wrong before he was transferred. ?
From memory I believe Reid played a good ten games or so (the first five ish without Stockley)without scoring a single goal! Far from being rewarded with a place on the bench as you say most managers would have dropped Reid well before Tiz lost patience with him.

STURTZ

Err think your memory might be suspect SJ.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Err think your memory might be suspect SJ.
Actually it was 12 games without a goal, 16 if you don't count the tinpot trophy game v. Chelsea kids.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=43701

He got 3 goals after Stockley arrived (first game 2nd Sept), 2 v. FGR and 1 v. Barnet on 12th Sept when Stockley got the winner.

IndoMike

Actually it was 12 games without a goal, 16 if you don't count the tinpot trophy game v. Chelsea kids.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=43701

He got 3 goals after Stockley arrived (first game 2nd Sept), 2 v. FGR and 1 v. Barnet on 12th Sept when Stockley got the winner.
You're wrong again. He scored 7 goals in the first 7 league games. Then Stockley came onto the scene and it all changed. The point is he was doing well until Stockley arrived. Please check your facts first.