• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

Pobbop

We paid for troy but not wheeler as his contract was up in 6 months
Yeah, it was a fair enough deal for all sides as they'd have got nothing in 6 months, if he didn't cut it in the league he wouldn't have cost us anything, as is he's been brilliant for us, we've made money and Staines has made money, everyones a winner.

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Wheeler made his own arrangements with Staines to terminate his contract early on agreed terms.

MagzECFC

Yeah, it was a fair enough deal for all sides as they'd have got nothing in 6 months, if he didn't cut it in the league he wouldn't have cost us anything, as is he's been brilliant for us, we've made money and Staines has made money, everyones a winner.
They would've got compensation as he was under 24.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
They would've got compensation as he was under 24.
He may have been under 24 but he wasn't "home grown", so any compo for Wheeler would have been peanuts. But I'm minded to trust Spoonz, he tends to have a bit of an inside track.

andrew p long

He may have been under 24 but he wasn't "home grown", so any compo for Wheeler would have been peanuts. But I'm minded to trust Spoonz, he tends to have a bit of an inside track.
'home grown' is not how it works though is it Jase? We got chunky fees for Dunne, Golborne and TAH who weren't home grown and paid a chunky one for Stockley who'd only been at Aberdeen for twelve months.

MagzECFC

Neither was Troy leaving us and that wasn't peanuts.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Neither was Troy leaving us and that wasn't peanuts.
With respect, we're dealing with someone who was on a part-time contract at Staines Town while doing a degree, not someone with a reasonable number of appearances in League One.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Wheeler made his own arrangements with Staines to terminate his contract early on agreed terms.
This is what I was told some time ago too. I understand whatever fee we were going to pay was taken out of Wheeler's salary and paid to Staines just so he could get his League chance.

red1

We paid the princely sum of £5000. to Staines for Wheeler so Tisdale said on Saturday !

Banksy

We paid the princely sum of £5000. to Staines for Wheeler so Tisdale said on Saturday !
Oh , and all the time I thought Staines were due a 15-20 % sell on.We got a real bargain then if he did indeed go for half a million.