• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Cureton

Kingsman

Saves anyone having to go and look at players!

Cowshed Life

Recognising your limitations would be a good positive first step for Tis.

Re Stewart, well that was lucky then. when will people open their eyes to whey he was brought here and the massive role he has played???

Re Macca, like no goals in three seasons? 7 in 34 was his record

Re Corr, some players need to managed properly. sometimes players don't take the opportunities given to them

Re Deadwood, you are avin a tin bath, he contributed next to nothing in getting us up and even less toward keeping us there. I must of dreamt is contribution in League 2 then

Reality ain't negative, it's real.
I do dis-pear at times...

As Sargent Oddball said in Kelly's Heros... 'Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.'

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re McAllister he started 8 games and scored 7, 26 substitute appearances. That isn't a bad record.

Poultice

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.'[/B][/I]
I don't want a toke of whatever it is you're on cos reality is my stock in trade, not dreams.

Stewart was a striker and never got played as one cos Tis had this dumb ass idea that he could still run, Macca never got a chance cos Tis wouldn't play him, Corr I liked but Tis played him on his lonesome when the man needed supply, Deadwood, well Tis played him upfront on his own, bright move.

As it happens I think they could have all done a job for us if they had been used properly, therein lies the problem.

But then "nobody said nothing about no Tigers".

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stewart was a striker and never got played as one cos Tis had this dumb ass idea that he could still run, Macca never got a chance cos Tis wouldn't play him, Corr I liked but Tis played him on his lonesome when the man needed supply, Deadwood, well Tis played him upfront on his own, bright move.

As it happens I think they could have all done a job for us if they had been used properly, therein lies the problem.
I have to agree with you on all your points there, ********, especially re Corr and will be interesting how he gets on at Southend.

However, I think Tis knows where he got some things wrong from last season and the fact we've now got some width with Thomson coming in also extra creativity with Nobes to go with Harley, Dunne and Sercs we could see a change in style that would suit Cureton's game.

As I said he'd be an expensive gamble, but could turn out to be a great piece of business.

A377 Lad

Re McAllister he started 8 games and scored 7, 26 substitute appearances. That isn't a bad record.
But he was pretty dire when he started (with about one exception, Dagenham a) He only scored one goal from open play when starting, not a great record.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
But he was pretty dire when he started (with about one exception, Dagenham a) He only scored one goal from open play when starting, not a great record.
Actually two goals from open play as his penalty away at Daggers was saved and he scored from the rebound.

Still not a great stat though I grant you

Last edited:

GrecianInWales

The Norwich fans I've spoken to aren't particularly convinced he could still cut it at this level. But I guess that's what a trial is for. I'm unconvinced, but if he looks good in pre-season then may be worth a one year deal.

As for Tis and strikers, the only piece of ********'s post I agree with is Stewart, who I think hasn't been played in his best position.

Corr on occasions looked talented but more often looked a liability. He clearly needed games to get match fit and he never got enough because of his own stupidity.

Fleetwood was an interesting one. I wasn't that bothered about him returning last season but thought he looked decent the season before. I think he just couldn't cut it as a L1 player, although he, and us, needed a season to realise it.

Macca's been done by other posters on here.

camul

Colchester fan in peace. What to say?

Well Roeder at Norwich told me he ignored the advice of Lee Clark (No 2 then but now at Huddersfield) that Jamie's legs had gone and persisted in the hope that they hadn't "but I really should have listened to him."

Couldn't even score in training. Lambert not our favourite person this end but he decided against Mr C and that was more or less the end of that. I think he scored on loan to Barnsley but there were times at Norwich when he wasn't even making the reserve side.

On to Shrewsbury. They were a lot more welcoming than you but the message board imploded game by game as Jamie did the full 90 minutes which gradually downgraded to being subbed on 80, 60, 50, being sent on for the last 20, 10 and.....errr....not being sent on at all. Shrews fans took the opportunity to blame the not very popular Manager as a bonus.

His one and only decent goal scoring season was with us BUT, and it is a very big BUT, the holder of that Golden Boot had alongside him a brilliant player (or brilliant by Colchester standards) who quickly worked out that if you were the provider for a shortarse (citation needed as Wiki would say but do your own research) it was helpful if you provided balls that he could actually hit first time. He is absolutely no good in the air. Yes, he did some wonderful first time volleys but that needs the ball accurately delivered and often it was.

The provider was mostly Chris Iwelumo and further Wiki research will tell you where Chris is now.

The Golden Boot that season should have been cut in half and shared.

Norwich, not under Roeder, Gunn or Lambert ever worked out that if you have a shortarse target man (not generally recommended but whatever) it is no bleedin' good constantly delivering balls he cannot get to. For all I know - and I don't know - Shrewsbury didn't have one either. But we did at the time in Iwelumo. This leaves aside the legs gone stuff but it is still important I think.

If Lee Clark and Lambert were wrong you still need people to "feed" him with a ball at a height he can deal with.

The £8k a week stuff at Norwich is nonsense. He was on about £3k a week at Colchester in the golden boot season and told his former colleagues - he still knocks about in what passes for night clubs in Colchester when he isn't on trial with you - that he had "nearly doubled" his salary with Norwich.

He took a cut when Norwich got relegated so my guess is about more fourish or just under five but that is now over.

That was then of course. Now one of 700 or so "out of contract".

On the minus side turned down by Chris Sutton at Lincoln City some weeks ago (my second club) but Chris doesn't hire over 30 so he is not a reliable guide either. He appears ageist.

On the plus side Jamie drives a Bentley and young people inform me that his lady is "very fit" whatever that means - a judgment all you Grecian lads will have to decide for yourselves if that becomes necessary.

Truthfully I have no idea at all and so, at the moment, it must remain all rather historical.

Good luck for the rest of the season except against us of course. With or without.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Oh well.....that's it then!!